Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Flying Cloud
Kent , Ohio
Wahlberg in Columbus, Other Dealers?

We are getting ready to (re)order our airstream in a few weeks. Yay!!!!

Does anyone have a salesperson at Wahlberg in Columbus or elsewhere they'd strongly recommend?

Wahlberg is our closest dealer, so my husband would really like to deal with them. We went to Wahlberg last fall and placed an order, but ended up cancelling due to COVID. The salesperson we worked with was meh - I was more knowledgeable about some of the options than he was, and he didn't respond to multiple emails and phone calls post sale. It was a low pressure sale, but I really was looking for someone who was a little more engaged and responsive, especially when I'm making this kind of a purchase. On the bright side, when we decided we needed to cancel, it wasn't a big deal to get a refund, but that was part of what they promised at the time of sale, so that was a pretty low bar.

I'm open to going elsewhere if necessary, too. We are in northeast Ohio, if that helps. I'd like to stay within a 5 hour or so drive if possible. (My husband can't understand why I'd want to drive to NJ, for example, to pick up a trailer that is made west of us in Ohio.... Really wish we could just order directly from the factory!)

Thanks!
mickeyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #2

2022 25' Globetrotter
Midway , UT
This is my first day on this forum and I'm still trying to figure it out. If this is a repeat i apologize. I have dealt with Eric Davis for a couple of years at the Columbus store. He has been nothing but professional and extremly helpful, especially in this COVID environment we're in. Call the dealership, ask for Eric and please feel free to use my name. Good luck,
Bruce Canetti
B Canetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Grass Lake , Michigan
We also bought from Eric 3 years ago. He was very knowledgeable which was good as we were new to AS. Was not impressed with them after the sale. They didn’t do any dealer prep and weren’t interested in helping with the inevitable new unit issues. The good news is that if they are your closest dealer, you can get your warranty work done at mothership.
oldenavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #4
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
Mickeyme

Another vote for Eric Davis. Very knowledgeable and at times maybe even more than what you want. I also was not impressed with the rest of the crew at Haydocy/Wahlberg but Eric was indeed easy to work with and very responsive to us. I have been back to JC for all the service and highly recommend you do the same. Your fortunate to live in close proximity to JC. Many travel across the country to have their service done at the factory. When we bought from Eric we were at the Hershey RV show speaking with the folks from NJ you mentioned. Personally, I thought they were rude and totally unprofessional. I would not buy anything from them but TETO. Eric new he had one shot at giving us his best deal which I believe he did. So, good luck and that’s my two cents from a KSU grad.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:29 PM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The main gotcha is that there aren't a lot of AS dealer out there. Colonial in NJ ( and Patrick in particular ) would be my "go to" suggestion. We drive a ways to get there. You would be driving quite a bit further. Other than the folks you already are dealing with, I can't think of anybody closer than NJ.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:25 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
North Royalton , Arizona
Eric is the go to guy in Columbus. Got one from him 2019. I’m from Northeast Ohio as well!
Melucy2airs is offline   Reply With Quote