Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
IMO, the wide body 25 is far superior to the narrower 23. My wife and I can easily move past one another in the living area. I'm 6'1" and about 195 pounds. She's 5'2". I'm a big boy, not the biggest around, for sure, but still. Which leads me to the following.

Check the bathroom design too.

We went 25 rear twin for our first unit because it has more dressing room in the bedroom (more spacious), gives 4 storage compartments outside, and the bathroom layout was what we think is the best. FYI, I recommend you sit on the throne! See if you fit. See if/where your knees hit the wall, the door, or the cabinets.

We sold the 25 and went 30 footer, which we have now. The 30 rear twin is really nice for the two of us.

I know you're concerned about the size factor for parks etc. The 30 likely isn't the best bet. Consider this though. When our 30 is in just about any rv park, it's almost always the smallest camper around.

Good luck

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 4:30 rear Leer Topper Ruby Red
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Hi Tom, great advice so far from everyone. We had a FC23FB (Queen) due to limits of our tow vehicle at the time. As you figured out, the u-shaped dinette was the least favorite part. The 2nd was the East-West queen bed especially in the 8’ cabin.

After one season we went back the Ewald’s Airstream in Franklin, WI and talked to George, our salesperson. We had considered a 25 but ultimately went with a 27’ Globetrotter Twin and have not been disappointed.

A 25’ would have worked with twins - the extra room between the beds makes it feel more spacious. However, I think the 25’ FB only offers a convection microwave in place of the gas oven which we wanted so another reason for the 27’.

All that said, you can get a 23’ Globetrotter with twin beds which solves the East-West problem and feels roomier. You’re still stuck with the u-shaped dinette.

We were just up your way a few weeks ago on the Elroy-Sparta bike trail. Good luck with your hunt!
Jeff & Caryle
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Tom, I don't want to instigate another TV war here. All I can tell you is that we are very happy with our Tundra. We had an '08 that we traded in on our current '17. Had Zero issues with either. I do like the reliability. Actually had a 4Runner before these and really hated to see it go. Zero issues with that one too.

To be honest to the 3/4 crowd, what they say is most often true. You have a heavier more stable TV that you can carry more stuff in. As all half tons, capacity (not towing limits) is the bug a boo. It really comes down to your style of camping. If you plan to bring tons of stuff with you then the Tundra will not work so well. I have a friend who brings so much stuff,and heavy stuff to boot. Two electric bikes, BBQs and propane fireplace with extra propane tanks, extra water, a generator, a bed cover and tools, enough to do an engine rebuilt if needed. No half ton for him.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote