Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari SE
Columbus , Ohio
Thinking About Selling

Rather than trade in, I am thinking about selling my 2006 28' SE myself. For those that have sold an Airstream what advice can you offer? The Forum classifieds, eBay, local ads, smoke signals!

I could base the sale in central Ohio or central Florida. How much difference would the sale location make?

How many, if any, of the extras, should be included in the sale. Are generators, satellite dishes etc. a big incentive for sale or is it better to sell them seperately?

How long can the sale process take?

Corky
Cstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Much of the decision will depend on how comfortable you feel when dealing over the internet. There are a lot of scammers out there. If you are careful on how you allow people to contact you and how you accept payment and transfer ownership, Ebay and Craigslist can be a great help. RV Trader.com has also been used successfully by many owners. There are mash sites out there now that allow people who used Craigslist to cover the entire US. The bigger your market area, the bigger the price that you should be able to achieve. If you only want to sell locally, there are usually less complications and potential for scamners to take advantage of you. Seller beware is mind set you should be taking into consideration. If you do not want to deal with the difficulties encountered in conducting a marketing program and ownership transfer, a consignment sale with a large Airstream dealer may be possible. I would start out with a Mash site to survey the market and set your pricing expectations.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote