Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
Searching for an Airstream?

One of the places to look for an Airstream is Craigslist. There is a Craigslist 'aggregator' out now. It is called crazedlist.org. Here is a search of the entire US for Airstreams.

Have fun!
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Aluminitus Carrier

1968 26' Overlander
south lake tahoe , California
Send a message via Skype™ to lovingtahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by caadoptees
One of the places to look for an Airstream is Craigslist. There is a Craigslist 'aggregator' out now. It is called crazedlist.org. Here is a search of the entire US for Airstreams.

Have fun!
Thanks for the lead!!! Crazedlist is awesome. Just checked it out and it is a major time saving site. Love it.
lovingtahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
I had a link in there to all the Airstreams in the US but it did not come through. Oh well, you guys can figure it out...
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Presque Isle , Michigan
I'm gonna give it a try. I've been searching high and low for a 2005 or older Safari 22 thats located someplace East of the Mississippi river. So far no luck but maybe this will help! Thanks for sharing!!
outthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
It doesn't work for me. All it does is open the front page to each city selected. This means I still have to go in and do a search in each city.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Cameron? On the 2nd line at top left does your 'select' box let you select all?

On second thought -- site doesn't seem to be downloading well right now.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Yes, or it allows me to select a region. Once I do this and fill in the other fields, all I get are the front pages for each city, no Airstream ads.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Okay, the news at the top bar is that this program has a bias against IE. I guess I'll not be using it.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120
...all I get are the front pages for each city, no Airstream ads.
Same here.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 09-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
They seem to be intentionally alienating Internet Explorer users. See the top bar with the green lettering and the last sentence of the small pri nt at the bottom of the page.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Presque Isle , Michigan
Ok. I checked every Craigs list in Fl, Oh, Georgia, SC, Tenn, NJ, Maryland, NC, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania and probably a couple others and I was amazed at how few Airstreams are listed. Nothing in the 22 Safari of recent vintage (1990 to present). Saw a Bambi and a couple of 25's and a few over 30 footers as well as some vintage stuff but thats about it. I guess finding a used Airstream is not an easy task!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Have you checked the Forums Classified? Finding the size you want takes time and patience. It took us one year. We wanted up to 20 feet. We did find the size, condition. fair price.and in our New York State.

It will take time. There is your Airstream out there.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Presque Isle , Michigan
Aria, yes. I checked the classified forum. There is a 2004 Safari 22 but, alas, its 2900+ miles away in sunny California. Yea. I'm sure its out there but I was surprised at how few used units there are available. Must mean folks keep them. We started out looking at the 20 Safari "new" but have decided to go with a larger trailer and less money. Its our first A/S and first trailer for that matter. We plan to live aboard for 4 months of the year so the 20 is really nice but we like the bed on the 22 a bit better. How do you like your 20? Are you happy with it?
Old 09-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
outthere -- I will comment while you are waiting for Aria's response on the bed. Aria looked for a year. It will take repeated browsing of the classifieds here ... and I would probably recommend the VAC classifieds too.

Any second hand Airstream you buy can take 1-2 years to put on the road in the condition you would like (less if looking at less than 15 years old). So be patient and take your time -- that driveway queen gets old when you are halfway through the project and the Airstream you really wanted turns up in the classifieds.

Good luck in your quest!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 09-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Presque Isle , Michigan
CanoeStream -- Thanks! I understand the long look time if trying to find a vintage airstream. However, I'm looking for a newer unit (preferably in the 2004 or 2005 years). I don't have the time or patience for a restoration or even a little fixer upper. I'm looking to start traveling immediately. I just don't want to take the depreciation hit associated with a new unit. So...I would think that a relatively new unit would be available out there somewhere. I may end up with a newer 25 since it seems that they are more popular and therefore available although I will need to get a bigger TV if I go that route. We'll see what happens!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Caadoptees, THANK YOU THANK YOU. I have been checking craigslist and got a bit frustrated with how time consuming it was to check a state, then a town in the state, then type in Airstream and check 'rv's for sale'. I quit doing it about a month ago. Since then, a perfect unit has come up and we're going to look at it this weekend. If you hadn't posted the link, I'd never have found it (or bothered to look). THANK YOU. I really hope this is 'our' unit.
Muddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #17

Currently Looking...
Crescent City , California
Searching Craigslist in Google

I've used Google to search worldwide. For example, I used a search string of 'craigslist airstream 325' to search for that model motorhome. The only problems are I get pages and pages of hits, and it isn't always easy to determine the location of the coach from the information in the ad. Now I'm going to try crazedlist.org and see how that works!
Russtle is offline   Reply With Quote