Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Corvallis , Oregon
New, nearly new, values & trade.....help!

This is my first post as a not so new airstream owner. I have really enjoyed reading all the posts. This is an incredible resource for those own airstreams.

Now to the questions. I am looking at stepping up to a larger Airstreram. For the last 5 years I have been enjoying my current trailer a 94 21' (22') Sovereign, which is essentially a classic. It is a great trailer but I now have a wife and two four-legged friends in the family too. The Sovereign is in great shape both in and out. What is the value of this trailer?

I am looking at a 25' International CCD SS. My wife and I don't mind the corner bed and we like all the living space up front. I would certainly purchase a clean used model as I did with my first AS but as of late not many this time of year. I can get a new (07') one now at about a 20% discount on MSRP, but sure wouldn't mind a used one avoiding some of that instant depreciation associated with new purchases.

Is this a hard model to find used? Am I making a mistake by not getting a FB? Thanks to all those who respond and thanks for such a great resource!!!!
nine9three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
As for pricing the current one, I would suggest looking through all of the classifieds that you can. Here on the A/S forums, RVtrader.net, etc. I am having to do that now for my 21' Globetrotter and it's not an easy thing to fugure out.

I also have a 25' Safari 6 sleeper which works out well. Every model has something different, some plusses and minuses, depending on your personal needs and likes/dislikes. If you are near a dealership, go through all of the models and see what works and what doesn't.
If it is a model that you are happy with, there are no mistakes.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 25' Tradewind
. , Maine to Arizona
No Rush

Take your time in the search for a bigger rig. From my perch there are quite a few going up for sale. People are running out of money and have to sell the toys. Around here the winter is the best time to buy. Be ready when the time comes, cash talks when people cannot borrow any more money.
Good luck,

R
fastrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

From my own experience - watch out for newer models, mine is an 03, which shows the peeling of the "clearcoat" in any place. If in one place - it will start in many others in a short time and the repair is very expensive. AS will not help you and disavows any responsiblilty for this manufacting defect.
Gerald Clay is offline   Reply With Quote