Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 AM   #21
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

If cost is a big issue, you *are* paying a premium buying off a dealer's lot. How big a premium is a "that depends" sort of thing. It certainly is in the same range as the delta between a 25' and most of the 26,27, and 28' models. Is a 25' really that much easier to deal with than a 26 or 27? Both of them are right at 1' longer than the 25'. It would be a very rare location that one would fit and the other would not fit. Weight wise, the difference isn't all that great either.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Have you checked the Classifieds via the grey tab above? You may find a good used unit close to you.

Your cubic centimeter of chance may be waiting for you there . . .

Good luck!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Regina , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansk View Post
Interesting, our only caveat for our curtesy parking is for the Parker to provide homemade pretzels.
I provide electric, water, beer and backyard shenanigans.

See you soon...
Looks like you have your priorities straight.
stream rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Regina , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryglarson View Post
I recently had a stroke and went from a happy camper to heading for assisted living. We have a 2016 FC 26 U with 2 air conditioners and full awnings. Less than 2 years old. I also have 2014 Chevy Silverado Z71 with 5.3 engine. Plus 2 3000 Honda Generators that run together and will power both air conditioners and accessories. This will cool the trailer in 90 degree heat in 1/2 hour. Plus everything else to make camping fun and enjoyable. All are in good condition.

Phone 563-289-2407
Sorry to hear about that Larry, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Unfortunately we are in very preliminary planning. It might be another year before we are ready for lift off plus the house will need to sell which we won't put up until next spring at the earliest.

I just really like to be prepared so..
stream rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:43 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
I would suggest you look on the Classifieds or Craigs List in your area, if you are set on "used". There are plenty good used AS's without the dealer mark up...just saying. We have purchased 4 AS's over the last 13 years. 2 were 3 years old purchased from private parties, and 2 were new from dealer. I found the dealers selling "used" to be quite a bit more expensive then on Craigs list or the AS Classifieds section. Patience is important. The newer models 2015 and newer, have AC with ducted air...this is quieter then the older units when AC is running. Also, LED lighting, which saves battery, so you should evaluate if this is of importance to you or not in your decision. Good luck!
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote