Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #81
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNBright;
You have it right: I was shopping pretty hard across many states: it was pretty consistent, that an out-of-state dealership or business would forego charging you sales tax, but then I'd have to pay my own state's sales tax when I went to register it.

It just so happens, that the one I ended up buying was from my nearest dealership, in my own state: so, I paid sales tax on the sale, which went to the state through that county (instead of my own county). When I renew my tag in a year, I'll simply renew it in my own county, instead of the county the dealership was in.
Called Patrick. 2 phone calls, 20 minutes total conversation time. Papers overnighted to my house, signed , sent back. Shipped my SUV to colonial via car hauler service. 2 weeks later took 1 day off work, flew out to NJ, uber to colonial, picked it up with SUV attached, drove home 1,800 miles. Back at work Monday. Paperwork was no problem. Still cleared $5k+ back in my pocket after travel expenses. Worth it to buy out of state if you know the market prices and if that is where the deal is at.
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote