Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
LS Package

We're buying a 2004 19' Bambi. It has the LS package. It's hard to determine exactly what that entails. In one ad, it seems the LS package includes some free-standing chairs, but no such creatures exist within our silver domain. DOes anyone have any info on this? Thanks!
Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
LS=Leather Seats...
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Ohh-h-h-h, 53FC ....

... you too clever ....

Hello Double D -- 53FC and I and countless others welcome you to the forums! I found the LS package a great way to get a valuable mix of options. A 2 axle trailer can get by without a spare tire but that becomes much harder with the Bambi! Anyway -- Go to http://www.airstream.com and select the model you you wish to research. Scroll down slightly until you can see the buttons reading: Gallery, Virtual Tour, Floorplans, Specifications and Options. Click on 'Options' and you should answer your question toward the bottom of the webpage (http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...i_options.html in the case of the Bambi's particulars). The LS is almost worth it alone for the spare tire, Fantastic Fan, screen door guard. Just remember to remove the faucet filter before winterizing -- don't pump RV antifreeze thru that!

Check back -- LS = Leather Seats is a sure sign you had somebody skunked!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
... you too clever ....

Hello Double D -- 53FC and I and countless others welcome you to the forums! I found the LS package a great way to get a valuable mix of options. A 2 axle trailer can get by without a spare tire but that becomes much harder with the Bambi! Anyway -- Go to http://www.airstream.com and select the model you you wish to research. Scroll down slightly until you can see the buttons reading: Gallery, Virtual Tour, Floorplans, Specifications and Options. Click on 'Options' and you should answer your question toward the bottom of the webpage (http://www.airstream.com/product_lin...i_options.html in the case of the Bambi's particulars). The LS is almost worth it alone for the spare tire, Fantastic Fan, screen door guard. Just remember to remove the faucet filter before winterizing -- don't pump RV antifreeze thru that! Canoe, thanks for the info. Looks the chairs (Zip Dee chairs) are only on the 28 footers. Maybe I'd better call that dealership and remind them about the filter. Thanks for the tips!!!!

Check back -- LS = Leather Seats is a sure sign you had somebody skunked!
Hey 53Fc, can't wait for those leather seats. Would those be rooftop models? Canoe, thanks for the info. Loks like the chairs (Zip Dee) are only on the 28 footers. Maybe I'd better call that dealership and remind them about the filter. Thanks for the tips!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
The LS package I would highly recommend for any owner. The black tank flush, spare tire, fantastic fan, electric front jack and upgraded A/C unit are great items typically included in the package...oh yea, and the neat "LS stickers too!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
I bought my 05 Bambi off the lot, and it already had the LS package. One of my points during the negotiations was that I wouldn't have wanted the LS upgrade if I had ordered a new AS from the factory. It apparently worked out, because the salesman deducted the price for the LS package, the audio/video upgrade, the microwave/convection oven, and the solar charging system. The fact of the matter is that I have enjoyed every feature of the upgrades, and if I were to buy a new AS in the future, I would go for all of them except for the A/V upgrade. I don't know about the 04 Bambi, but in addition to what the others have mentioned, mine also had an upgraded Moen kitchen faucet w/water filtration system, and those snazzy LED tail lights.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:15 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Double D,
Excuse my bad manners..
Congrats and Welcome to the forum~!
BTW...
The roof top seats..IS AVAILABLE only on the SkyDeck model..lol
The guys are right on abt your upgrade package and, of course the water filter..
I always tell new owners, if you've never camp before.
These are the things you'll need straight from the get go..
Get a 15 or 20 ft sewer hose, preferably the highest MIL thickness you can find. Make sure you have all of the proper connectors for it and clamp each ends with stainless steel clamps for added security. Get the rubber donut that goes in the sewer dump hole first. You'll find more and more campgrounds are requiring this. Get yourself a decent wheel chock and please use it~ This locks your wheels down, so the trailer won't move on you while unhooking.
Finally, those LS can be snuckered from that 28' model...lol, just make sure the saleman tell his boss that, they need to order new ones from A/S..(They do make mistakes...lol)
Again, CONGRATS~
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
The LS package I would highly recommend for any owner. The black tank flush, spare tire, fantastic fan, electric front jack and upgraded A/C unit are great items typically included in the package...oh yea, and the neat "LS stickers too!
Thanks for the comments. We're happy to be getting a model with the LS package. We've only seen pictures of it, so hope it's all okay when we pick it up....
Old 01-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
I bought my 05 Bambi off the lot, and it already had the LS package. One of my points during the negotiations was that I wouldn't have wanted the LS upgrade if I had ordered a new AS from the factory. It apparently worked out, because the salesman deducted the price for the LS package, the audio/video upgrade, the microwave/convection oven, and the solar charging system. The fact of the matter is that I have enjoyed every feature of the upgrades, and if I were to buy a new AS in the future, I would go for all of them except for the A/V upgrade. I don't know about the 04 Bambi, but in addition to what the others have mentioned, mine also had an upgraded Moen kitchen faucet w/water filtration system, and those snazzy LED tail lights.
Wow, sounds very cool. We're not sure if it has all of those features but assume most of them are on this package. I'm pretty sure it has the water filter... thanks for your input!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grand Rapids , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53FlyingCloud
Double D,
Excuse my bad manners..
Congrats and Welcome to the forum~!
BTW...
The roof top seats..IS AVAILABLE only on the SkyDeck model..lol
The guys are right on abt your upgrade package and, of course the water filter..
I always tell new owners, if you've never camp before.
These are the things you'll need straight from the get go..
Get a 15 or 20 ft sewer hose, preferably the highest MIL thickness you can find. Make sure you have all of the proper connectors for it and clamp each ends with stainless steel clamps for added security. Get the rubber donut that goes in the sewer dump hole first. You'll find more and more campgrounds are requiring this. Get yourself a decent wheel chock and please use it~ This locks your wheels down, so the trailer won't move on you while unhooking.
Finally, those LS can be snuckered from that 28' model...lol, just make sure the saleman tell his boss that, they need to order new ones from A/S..(They do make mistakes...lol)
Again, CONGRATS~
ciao
53FC
No way! I was just kidding about the roof top thing! Thanks for the tips! Can't wait to pump the nasty stuff out. SOunds like fun
Old 01-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #11
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D
Thanks for the comments. We're happy to be getting a model with the LS package. We've only seen pictures of it, so hope it's all okay when we pick it up....
Beside the spare tire, the upgraded A/C unit as part of the LS package should make a noticable difference in warmer weather. We had a 19' Bambi before we traded to the 25' Safari. The Bambi had the 11k unit and in direct or partial sun or very, very warm temps (about 90+ degrees outside) it really worked hard to keep up. The 13.5k unit in the 19' Bambi should be a night and day difference. Plus that Fantastic vent does wonders if you didn't get the SE or CCD versions as the windows are small. When boondocking that fan can create on heck of a breeze in the camper if you have no power to run the A/C unit.

When you winterize and put the pink RV antifreeze into the lines, make sure to take out the faucet filter that comes with the LS package. I forgot to and the water tasted like mint RV antifreeze most of the season.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Water Filter

... as Eric sez -- but it's easy to do and instructions are in the multitude of separate OEM suppliers' brochures. I don't think I'd want to leave something soaked and wet for prolonged months anyway (mildew, legionnaires, etc). Remove it & just let it dry out -- but don't be like I do with things and "put it in a safe place." Coddle it a little and leave it in a drawer in the trailer.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote