Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Los Gatos , California
Thumbs up Local Airstream and Argosy to visit as an example?

Hello! I've been intensively familiarizing myself with Airstream and Argosy travel trailers for the past several months so that I can prepare to buy a trailer that I'll be happy with. I am looking all over the U.S., but I work a lot and it's really difficult for me to run out and examine trailers wherever they pop up. Originally I thought I wanted something around 21-22 feet, but now I'm thinking more in the 24-27 feet range.

Does anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area (or thereabouts) have a 24-27' Argosy and/or Airstream trailer I could come take a look at in person? I have a general idea of what I need, but I think it would be easier to plan specifics if I see one/some in person. Hopefully it will make the purchasing process easier!

Thanks very much in advance!

Sincerely,
Molly
animalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . Seems 2 ways to go, find a dealer / consignor with a decent inventory of Airstreams in your price range. . . . Or go to a local WBCCI rally and peruse members units. Argosy's will be harder to come by due to age.. . .we had someone come to our last rally & I think everybody showed him their trailer. . . Good Luck, Craig
Old 12-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
HI, When we were in a similar place, searching. The best advice I got was to contact the local WBCCI clubs. We have several in the North Carolina /South Carolina area. I wrote and email to each one and asked about trailers for sale , etc. Only 1 unit took the time to answer but it was great. We went to a Rally and talked to several owners, when inside a few and got some great recommendations. We ended up purchasing our AS and joining this chapter. Don't underestimate the value of the network of AS owners.
mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Do you realize the original post is from 2015
Old 12-02-2016, 06:24 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeocamperAS View Post
Do you realize the original post is from 2015
Well thanks for pointing that out.
No I didn't BUT I don't feel bad about putting out what I think is pretty good advice or at least advice that served me well.
There are a lot of us that gleen good stuff from old posts. Good information is good information. IMHO
mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbubbaca View Post
Well thanks for pointing that out.

No I didn't BUT I don't feel bad about putting out what I think is pretty good advice or at least advice that served me well.

There are a lot of us that gleen good stuff from old posts. Good information is good information. IMHO

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect. I could have worded it better.