Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Is this a good value?

I am looking at a 1992 29 ft AS Classic Excella for $9000. It has some rust on the exterior steel parts, but the inside is pretty much original and in fair shape. We plan to clean it thoroughly. It has oak parquet floor, new A/C (1 yr old), tinted front window guards, awnings on both sides, etc. This will be our first trailer and it seems so much better built than any others we've looked at. SO - is this a reasonable deal?

Thanks for any help given.
REBurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Hello REburt,

Welcome to the forums. Your first Airstream purchase can be a delightful experience OR a disaster in disguise.

It's really up to you to perform due diligence.

You have started in the right place. The Forum is loaded with information that will allow you to make an informed decision. Use the search feature on the toolbar (I like the Google option, second box down)

Here is one thread to get you started:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ist-43294.html

As to your question, without pictures and a detailed description it's akin to asking "Will this 28 year old person make a good spouse"

Good luck. Ask questions, search previous threads, and take your time.

PS, better check what's hiding under that "Aftermarket" parquet flooring. Check under the closets and draws...
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Put up photos!

Thanks for your reply. That's my husband who asked. We're the Burts, Ray & Carol. Should have signed up with one account, I guess.

I put up some photos of the Excella 29. My biggest concern was quite a bit of rust - but we've bought the doggone thing now! The worst rust was around two little (seemingly somewhat useless) small doors on the (whatcha' call it?) non-curbside rear. The little clasps are really rusty. Interior seems pristine - has had rear twins converted to queen size. Guy who owned it has three - trades the oldest from time to time. Little rusty on the tongue, but appears cosmetic.

It's being prepped now for a pickup on Tuesday (after they outfit our tv). We're having the wheel bearings repacked since some of you said that would be good.

Hope we didn't do the wrong thing by buying it - but I don't see how we could have at the price. Whatever turns out to be wrong...guess we will fix! The pictures reflect it is really, really, dirty outside. We'll fix that! Can't wait to start on it.
Thanks again,
Carol
LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1992, excella, trailer, 29'