Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Inspector wanted/ east of Pittsburg Pa

My uncle has a trailer in Pa. He just died. The family wants me to have it. They say it is an Airstream but I think it is an Argosy. It is in a RV resort 45 minutes east of Pitsburg. I am looking for someone who would be able to take a look at it to help me decide if it is worth a trip from NM to pick it up. The family doesn't know much about the trailer other than it hasn't been moved for about 25 years. So, replacement tires and bearing grease at a bare minimum.

If this trailer is worth the trip I would also be interested in finding someone who could get it ready to tow.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Marshall, Sorry to hear about your Uncle.

That's a heck of a long haul for a trailer that has sat for 25 years. That would be #3 for you.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Here is a copy of an email my cousin sent me. Anybody know what the Argosy designation HT means? Any other thoughts I can share with my cuz. I'm thinking from the description it is not worth a trip out there for me. Anybody have any interest in picking up this Argosy for a good deal?

I went up to the campground over the weekend and found out a couple of things. First, the trailer is an Argosy and the model year is 1975. The body type is HT, whatever that means. We forgot the tape measure, so I didn't get the measurements. On the original sales receipt it was noted to be in FAIR condition. By the way, dad bought it in September 1986.

I asked one of the maintenance guys to look it over to see if it could take to the road without falling apart. From his estimation, he feels it would be a good hunting cabin for someone that needed one. He checked the wheels and said they're fine and he also noted that the floor is pretty solid.

I haven't called any of your contacts yet. I kind of feel its a junker and not worth getting an estimate for. Also there is mold under the rear windows and it basically smells musty.

What's your opinion? Let me know.
There are two contacts that would like to have it for a hunting cabin. Need your advice.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #4
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I might be interested....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote