Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #21
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar

 
2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,096
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody.303 View Post
All,

I just looked on NADA, and the website says this rig is only worth $2500+-.
Woody
Don't get too hung up on the NADA prices. An 83 any Airstream for $2,500 would basically be a project. A solid unit with everything working and ready to travel would cost several times that number. The trailer has many upgrades and awnings all around, which is a plus. On the down side there are the dents and the trailer looks like it is sitting a little low. The tires have also been siting in the Albuquerque sun for over a year and that's not good either. While many feel that the price is too high (myself included), you are not going to fine anything decent at the NADA price.
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
Hawkeyes & Harleys
 
HOG-I's Avatar
 
2006 16' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 87
Another satisfied customer of Holiday Trailer Sales. As stated they are family owned and Andrew (son) is top notch in the service field. He performed some warranty work for us and did a super job. Also, when on trips I have call for help on questions on the trailer and they were always ready to help. We stopped in Jackson Center for an axle change and they spoke highly of Andrew and the crew at Holiday TS. Dan (son inlaw) handles sales and is low pressure and knowledgeable.
HOG-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Don't get too hung up on the NADA prices. An 83 any Airstream for $2,500 would basically be a project. A solid unit with everything working and ready to travel would cost several times that number. The trailer has many upgrades and awnings all around, which is a plus. On the down side there are the dents and the trailer looks like it is sitting a little low. The tires have also been siting in the Albuquerque sun for over a year and that's not good either. While many feel that the price is too high (myself included), you are not going to fine anything decent at the NADA price.
Rich,

That is purt near what I was thinking also. I did a bit more research, and started looking at the value of other (newer) campers on NADA as compared to what some dealers are asking.

At what dollar amount or model year should we consider the NADA to be accurate with the actual value?

Woody
Woody.303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #24
Rivet Master
 
Mike Leary's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,649
Images: 4
At that age, everything should be up-graded; unless you are Desi and Lucy.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
Rivet Master
 
Lumatic's Avatar
 
1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,549
Images: 16
Blog Entries: 1
Agreed the NADA book value means squat, at least for vintage.

Interesting though Holiday used the NADA value to put a value on my 71 ($1500) and they are selling this 83 for more than 5x the NADA value.
__________________
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member
 
1960 24' Tradewind
seattle , Washington
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
I have no idea, after much trial and error, how to find what I need on here! I am looking for someone to inspect an Airstream for me in Los Angeles because I live in WA State. Can someone help me navigate on this site? I've tried everything...Thanks!
artemis917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #27
Rivet Master
 
InsideOut's Avatar

 
1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,130
Images: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody.303 View Post
Rich,

That is purt near what I was thinking also. I did a bit more research, and started looking at the value of other (newer) campers on NADA as compared to what some dealers are asking.

At what dollar amount or model year should we consider the NADA to be accurate with the actual value?

Woody
Technically, a 1983 is now considered "vintage" by VAC standards. You may find this information helpful in addition to the NADA references.

Happy hunting!

Shari
__________________
Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Cincinnati , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis917 View Post
I have no idea, after much trial and error, how to find what I need on here! I am looking for someone to inspect an Airstream for me in Los Angeles because I live in WA State. Can someone help me navigate on this site? I've tried everything...Thanks!

Artemis,

Welcome to the forums.

You've come to the right place. You would be best to start a new thread in the "Buyer's Guideline" sub-forum. Somebody will help you.

Woody
Woody.303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Albuquerque to Santa Barbara joe3957 On The Road... 5 05-29-2008 08:42 AM
Best RV Park in Albuquerque? craftsman On The Road... 6 03-24-2008 08:18 AM
Santa Fe/Albuquerque nilesrob On The Road... 13 09-29-2006 12:39 AM
RV Park in Albuquerque, NM myrna On The Road... 28 12-28-2005 04:00 PM
Albuquerque Repair experience ?? gklott Commercial Listings 7 10-02-2004 05:33 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.