Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2015, 06:45 PM   #1

I need help on a 2 new airstreams!

I found a guy that has 2 airstreams for a decent price I think 4k. He has a 1975 and a 76 trade wind both need some work but the 75 looks to be in pretty good shape. The other has the floors stripped out and has been redone sometime not to long ago by the look of the counters I'll post some pictures but I didn't take very good ones of the underneath that's my biggest concern I do t want to get into a frame off restoration just yet. What do you all think?
westk2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Westk that's not a lot of info to go on.

$4000. each or both?

Look for floor rot, rear end separation and frame decay if you can. Those are the biggies.

Your first priorities will be getting them sealed to the elements.

It's all workable. And this is the place with the answers. Good luck.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote