Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
One...momma knows what she likes when she sees it....and I know the mechanicals. Saw it on the net in St Louis. We stopped in while on vacation with the sob. Liked everything, including deal. Switched belongings and continued on vacation. Not that we hadn't watched them for years, but you know what some say, you don't find your AS, it finds you.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:29 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
How many used AS did you check out before you purchased?

We spent over a year looking at trailers before we pulled the trigger. We learned that we wanted 30 feet, and we wanted recliners. They stopped making those in 2015. So we were looking for a 2014 or older. One just happened to come up at the used inventory list of Colonial Airstream. The rest is history....
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #43
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
Looked at many online. Found our Safari 90 miles away. First in person inspection. Very nice folks had a bad experience backing in uphill without experience and jackknifed it. Getting ready to take it to JC to have the skin put right (6500) but everything else worked great. Have added two fantastic fans, stripped all the old surfaces and replaced vertical with Gold Alchemy. Replaced floors with Teak Allure. Put in new Counter in Bath with a Vessel sink and faucet, new Porcelain domestic toilet. Bought twin Golden night comforters and pillows on Airforums. Bought Cashew Ultraleather J lounge/dinette in Greenbay on Airforums. Will be putting Colorado Slate Formica on all Counter and dinette surfaces when it comes back from JC in June. Forgot to add that we had new 12" Dexter brakes with self adjustment and new bearings when first purchased.
With all this, less than 25000 invested and we love it. Have been to South Carolina 3 times, Georgia once, and Northern Michigan. Planning Black Hills This summer and SC again in the Fall.
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #44
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Bought first one we saw..

My wife hated Airstream's until she stepped foot inside this one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3679.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	284918  
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Nevada City , California
I did everything wrong and got a gem! I bought our 2006 23L sight unseen uninspected on eBay. It was in N Carolina. It belonged to a Mercedes/aircraft mechanic. The pictures looked great and it was little used. I had a guy haul it out to CA in the spring and when it arrived a couple nervous weeks latitude it was nearly perfect. Whew! Then I found this forum and learned about the pitfalls of doing thing that way. I still buy a lottery ticket every week!
WaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:55 AM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Southwest VA , Virginia
After watching years of eBay sales, videos, and other classifieds (including this one) and then showing some of the ads hear and asking and asking in real life, we bought the first one we physically were inside of.

It wasn't that we didn't try to see others, but since there are no dealers anywhere near where I live and the square box guys never get them in (I would leave my number and they said they would call if they ever did), and also because one we would have bought had we been there before the other guy (they beat us and took it with 'em! can't blame them), we called the next one we found which was only 2 and half hours away and went and saw it the next day and bought it. It was in better condition than we imagined and knew it would be scooped up.

I did speak extensively with the owner on the phone before we drove down and got detailed information on it's history etc.
Hopeful1 is offline   Reply With Quote