Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Exclamation HELP with trailer inspections Michigan and Maryland

Hi folks, I've been looking for a trailer for import to the UK from the US. There's one in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan I'd like to consider but I need someone knowledgeable who lives close by to inspect it for me.

Anyone interested in doing this can you please let me know asap. The owner of the trailer can be available next Monday or Tuesday.

A second Trailer is in Thurmont, Maryland. Once again, I'm looking for someone who can inspect this one in the next few days.
Edinburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Think I just saw a tumbleweed blow through this thread.

Just to say I'm still looking for someone who can check a horse's mouth for me in Michigan. Anyone out there please let me know....
Old 09-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Between my lack of experience and lack of proximity to Michigan, I can't help you directly with the inspection but I can contribute some computer-geek powers to the cause.

You can go into the member listings here:
Airstream Forums - Members List

Then choose "Search Members" and then "Advanced Search" to search for people with specific parameters. I was able to select Michigan and check the "Inspect Trailers Only" box and get several names. You'll want to do multiple searches (one for trailers only, one for trailers+motorhomes, because if you check both you'll get no results.)

If the trailer to be inspected is near a border with another state or Canada, you may want to do a search in the neighboring area. You can send private messages to the people who turn up in the searches as having inspection experience.

Good luck!
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
This is the Labor Day Holiday weekend so this might be the reason your not having any luck....Tim

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Thanks guys. I just got a 'maybe' response by PM. If anyone else is available within the next week then please let me know.

Thanks DKB - I did all that except the part about checking border states, which I'll do now. Cheers.