Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
For Members listing in the Air Forums Classifieds

If you list an ad in our Forums classifieds, please remember to check your ad once in a while. I just did some housekeeping there, and there were dozens of old ads, with hundreds of pleas from potential buyers and sellers for more pictures or information from the listers, without a response. I don't know how many opportunities were lost for buyer and seller to meet, but if only one question in ten was a lost sale, there were at least 20 items that were not sold or bought because no one replied to the comments left there.
So, if you post an ad in the classifieds, all you have to do is bookmark your ad, and check back every few days for comments or questions. A comment seen and responded to could be a trailer sold (or bought).
Old 07-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Classifieds crapped up?

Terry, I have tried several times since 7 p.m. to open the classifieds and am unable to do so! What gives? Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52 View Post
Terry, I have tried several times since 7 p.m. to open the classifieds and am unable to do so! What gives? Ed
Ed did you sign back in? The classifieds run a bit separate from the regular forums. Also depending on your browser you may need to toss your cookies and log back in.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
Thanks for your message Overlander63, Ive asked a few questions to a few sellers with no replies, maybe they are sold and they have not come back to post that changed status.
With each one I'm Airstream Dreamin' !
Thanks again!

Jezibels
Jezibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Could it be that this venue is the MOST DIFFICULT in the world to figure out how to cancel an ad. I go through this every time I list something, I have a 1976 Tradewinds listed in the classifieds now. I've sat here and gone to every link on every page and still can't figure it out. If it was like other sites (Craigslist,RV Trader) it would be great. Make it easier and maby everyone won't leave their sold stuff on here LIKE I'M DOING NOW!
Happy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Ask one of the moderators to help you.

They will be glad to.

Maggie
Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #7

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy guy View Post
Could it be that this venue is the MOST DIFFICULT in the world to figure out how to cancel an ad. I go through this every time I list something, I have a 1976 Tradewinds listed in the classifieds now. I've sat here and gone to every link on every page and still can't figure it out. If it was like other sites (Craigslist,RV Trader) it would be great. Make it easier and maby everyone won't leave their sold stuff on here LIKE I'M DOING NOW!
There's a small link at the bottom of the main ad that says "Mark Sold." That places a prominent "Sold" banner at the top of your ad but leaves the ad visible until it expires. That's the way our site is set up.

Since you had your phone number in your ad and might not want that out there while the ad is waiting to expire, I've removed that for you but you should also be able to edit the ad to remove a phone number if you need to.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 AM   #8

Currently Looking...
Clinton , Washington
clasifieds

I have responded to three different ads in the last week with no response from any of them ,I received a response from the site that my inquiry was sent to the owner but nothing further .Is this to be expected? are there that many ads out of date?
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #9

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
I have responded to three different ads in the last week with no response from any of them ,I received a response from the site that my inquiry was sent to the owner but nothing further .Is this to be expected? are there that many ads out of date?
Each ad is written and managed by the seller (within our guidelines of course) and like any classified ad provider we can't force them to monitor their email, respond in a timely fashion or mark their ads sold when they sell.

If the seller(s) you want to contact list a phone number, definitely try that route.

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
Old 08-31-2016, 08:18 AM   #10
Renassiance man

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Simi valley , California
Just had to mention what a great group of people work at Colonial Airstream in Lakewood Nj,
I purchased a used Airstream from Lauren sight unseen, drove Coast to Coast to take delivery. Everyone involved with my purchase and pick up were outstanding!!
To name a few of their staff by name, Laura, Kevin, Brian, Nick, Chris.
In my opinion this is the finest vehicle buying experience I have ever had!!
I did not meet the owners of this dealership but they should be very proud of their superb staff!!!

Brent
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:52 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
I placed a ad for free rims and tires off my '99 with my phone number. They were gone that weekend. Then I pm a mod-god and nicely asked if he could removed the ad because the tires were gone. The ad was removed within the hour. Easy on ...easy off.
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #12

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
I placed a ad for free rims and tires off my '99 with my phone number. They were gone that weekend. Then I pm a mod-god and nicely asked if he could removed the ad because the tires were gone. The ad was removed within the hour. Easy on ...easy off.
One suggestion along these lines: If you put your phone number in the phone number field (and *NOT* in the text of the ad) then when you click the "Mark sold" button on your ad, your phone number and the "Contact User" message box will no longer be visible on the ad, and it will be marked as "Sold" so you should stop getting contacted about it.

Of course if there's a problem with this, we (the moderators) will be happy to help.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:17 AM   #13

1977 Argosy 28
Charlestown , Rhode Island
How do I post my items?
johnvaradian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvaradian View Post
How do I post my items?
Welcome, Go to the "classifieds" section and Follow the simple directions.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #15

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvaradian View Post
How do I post my items?
You can use the same login you use at AIRForums on the site http://www.AirstreamClassifieds.com and from there it's pretty easy to see how to create an ad and upload photos.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:58 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

2014 23' FB Flying Cloud
1998 34' Excella 1000
Apache Junction , Arizona
Need Help Locating Help

Not used to being the dumbest guy on the block but guess this is the beginning of more to come. I placed a classified and added pictures. Some were "portrait" so they display 90 degrees off and I can't find help for this issue. Nor can I find how to contact a moderator so I can ask.

Don
donm168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Don,

Moderators are in bold in the online users section at the bottom of the portal page.

Click on one, and send a pm.

DKB_SATX is the resident expert on Classifieds.

I don't know about Classifieds, particularly, but I have to reduce pics in size a bit to get them to post right side up, so you might try that.

Maggie
Old 11-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #18

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
The typical problem with photos being rotated in the Classifieds and AIRForums is *generally* because the photos were taken with an iPhone in some orientation other than upright (with the Home button at the bottom.) This is a typical problem with iPhone photos and certain web servers. Making any modification to the photo with certain photo editors can fix the problem.

Old 11-25-2016, 06:05 AM   #19
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by donm168 View Post
Not used to being the dumbest guy on the block but guess this is the beginning of more to come. I placed a classified and added pictures. Some were "portrait" so they display 90 degrees off and I can't find help for this issue. Nor can I find how to contact a moderator so I can ask.

Don
Normally we don't do this, but I've copied your sideways photos, and rotated them to their correct orientation. You can click on these images, select "save as", then place them in your ad.
You're welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	171170-1200x675.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	275919   Click image for larger version

Name:	724535-1200x675.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	275920  

Click image for larger version