Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2021, 06:50 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member
 
2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidwar View Post
Has been a few months since the last post in here, any updates from out there in the wild?
I was in contact with 3 dealers last week. Lower volume dealer gave me an 8-10 month lead time (and was not going to budge of 5% off list)= moveon.org

Low to mid volume dealer gave me 6-8 month lead time.

Mid to high volume dealer gave me 6 months if an order was placed today.

I was able to get the highest off MSRP and shortest lead time from the higher volume dealers. I suspect that was due to the fact that the lower allocation dealers simply don't have access to the lion's share of the built units and want/need to maximize profit, whereas they likes of Colonial prob have a steady stream of product coming in monthly based on being a high volume dealer.


**EDIT**

This may help you and others determine what dealers Airstream puts the higher allocations to.....


https://media.airstream.com/press-re...lers-for-2020/
panamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:25 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member
 
Dick tracy's Avatar
 
camas , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 87
2021.5 International

Ordered August 27, 2020, went into production January 15, 2021, offline February 10, delivered to West coast February 16, I will take delivery March 3, 2021.

List of changes from 2021 models;

The following Mid-year changes (January 1 production start and later) were made to Airstream Travel Trailers:
• New single Smart Plug stainless steel power inlet and 30’ cord-set (30 Amp & 50 Amp)
o 20x more electrical contact then previous model •
o Multi-point locking system • Solid sleeve connection •
o Triple weatherproof seals
• New Smart Plug cable/sat inlet (matching stainless cover)
• New fire extinguisher
These changes were all announced to the Airstream dealer body on November 11, 2020

It appears the refer, oven, faucet are different, if so, which are they? Are there any other items of note that are different.

The following temporary specification changes were announced to Airstream dealers on January 3, 2020.
• International models beginning with Airstream order # 555153 will have an upgraded galley faucet from Moen to the Kohler faucet used on the Classic line.
o This will revert back to Moen when supply becomes available.
 Please see photo below
• Dometic 7.0 cu ft. refrigerators used on 25FB; 25RB and 27FB Flying Clouds and Internationals may have different handles
o It is the same Dometic refrigerator, the handles are the only difference.
o This will revert back to the previous refrigerators when supply becomes available.


Not sure if these changes are good or bad, but the price increased 3% as well
Dick tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:37 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 28' Flying Cloud
Chester County , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 24
Interesting reads here and appreciate the posts! Ordered a 28RBFC in Oct from Colonial and was told April 19 off line but no updates so far. Prices apparently increased 3% for orders placed after Jan 1 so dodged that and appliance swap makes sense but one would think changes such as that and the other ones Dick mentioned would be communicated to folks with pre orders.... Interesting times. With the millions and millions in pre orders and folks like me waiting I would also think AS would be posting more media updates these days.....
Sidwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:59 AM   #44
4 Rivet Member
 
eagletoo's Avatar

 
Currently Looking...
Long Island , New York
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 376
Sidwar,
I don’t know who your dealer is but I have found with Colonial, that any question, news update or status of a delivery is best found out by a simple phone call to my salesperson. Simple.
__________________
Bruce

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L Hemi eTORQUE
2022 Globetrotter 23FBT - On Order. Due in October.

Airstream Club #2600

I’d rather be camping is an understatement!
eagletoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 03:45 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 28' Flying Cloud
Chester County , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 24
Thanks Eagle...... just trying to get the thread chatting is all. Not a big fan of bugging the dealership personally. Feel free to share all that knowledge bud that’s what these forums are all about. Simple.
Sidwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:56 PM   #46
2 Rivet Member
 
Dick tracy's Avatar
 
camas , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 87
January 1, 2021 3% Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidwar View Post
Interesting reads here and appreciate the posts! Ordered a 28RBFC in Oct from Colonial and was told April 19 off line but no updates so far. Prices apparently increased 3% for orders placed after Jan 1 so dodged that.....
The price increase is for all units BUILT after January 1, 2021 regardless of order date. The only way you will avoid the increase is if your dealer decides to eat it. And shipping cost went up as well. Mine split it with me
Dick tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #47
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 28' Flying Cloud
Chester County , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 24
I did not experience either of those from Colonial 🍻
Sidwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:27 PM   #48
Rivet Master
 
jaybauman's Avatar
 
2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidwar View Post
I did not experience either of those from Colonial 🍻
Me neither.
__________________
2021 Classic 33
2020 GMC 3500HD Duramax AT4
ProPride 3P w/ 1400 lb. spring bars
jaybauman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:41 AM   #49
1 Rivet Member
 
John Birk's Avatar
 
2021 23' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 15
Images: 1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick tracy View Post
Ordered August 27, 2020, went into production January 15, 2021, offline February 10, delivered to West coast February 16, I will take delivery March 3, 2021.

List of changes from 2021 models;

The following Mid-year changes (January 1 production start and later) were made to Airstream Travel Trailers:
• New single Smart Plug stainless steel power inlet and 30’ cord-set (30 Amp & 50 Amp)
o 20x more electrical contact then previous model •
o Multi-point locking system • Solid sleeve connection •
o Triple weatherproof seals
• New Smart Plug cable/sat inlet (matching stainless cover)
• New fire extinguisher
These changes were all announced to the Airstream dealer body on November 11, 2020

It appears the refer, oven, faucet are different, if so, which are they? Are there any other items of note that are different.

The following temporary specification changes were announced to Airstream dealers on January 3, 2020.
• International models beginning with Airstream order # 555153 will have an upgraded galley faucet from Moen to the Kohler faucet used on the Classic line.
o This will revert back to Moen when supply becomes available.
 Please see photo below
• Dometic 7.0 cu ft. refrigerators used on 25FB; 25RB and 27FB Flying Clouds and Internationals may have different handles
o It is the same Dometic refrigerator, the handles are the only difference.
o This will revert back to the previous refrigerators when supply becomes available.


Not sure if these changes are good or bad, but the price increased 3% as well
Is this for all models? Where did you get the info? I’m asking because we ordered a 2021 FC 23FB in December 2020 and have a June delivery date. It would be nice to get a smart plug from the factory.
John Birk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:02 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member
 
Dick tracy's Avatar
 
camas , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Birk View Post
Is this for all models? Where did you get the info? I’m asking because we ordered a 2021 FC 23FB in December 2020 and have a June delivery date. It would be nice to get a smart plug from the factory.
We ordered an International, i don't know about other models.
Dick tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:14 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 28' Flying Cloud
Chester County , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 24
FWIW John I was told there have been no changes/substitutions made to the 2021 FC Model when reached out to Colonial a few days ago. Also was informed there is a 3ish week delay in orders. Might be Colonial specific but I ordered Oct 3 and was told April 19 off line, then April 30 and now May 18.
Sidwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #52
New Member
 
2021 30' Globetrotter
Marion , Massachusetts
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Hi, I ordered my Globetrotter 30RBQ on 11/02/20. As of today the order has a number in AS’s system with build date of 8/23/21. Dealer initially guest April this year.
Mr.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:21 AM   #53
2 Rivet Member
 
Dick tracy's Avatar
 
camas , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 87
increased delivery cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
Apparently, Airstream lost some of their delivery drivers to other RV manufacturers when a bonus was offered. This slowed things down until Airstream counter offer. I’m told that things are getting back on track again.
Yep $225 more for mine
Dick tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:41 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member
 
Dick tracy's Avatar
 
camas , Washington
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 87
Took Delivery yesterday!!!

No quality issues, Nightmare scenario never happened. Spent first night at the dealership, entry door dead bolt was tight and bathroom furnace duct was damaged, everything fixed in an hour. Love it, very pleased. Excellent customer service, Great walk through, Tuscano hits another home run.
Now four nights in Malibu listening to the waves.
Dick tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:22 AM   #55
4 Rivet Member
 
steilkurve's Avatar
 
2020 22' Bambi
St-Laurent , Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 330
Just placed an order for a new Globetrotter 25FB to replace our Bambi. Finalized the purchase on March 2nd. Based on their production slots, they said to expect a September delivery. That’s what’s on the purchase agreement.
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:30 AM   #56
Rivet Master
 
ts8501's Avatar
 
1990 34' Excella
1964 22' Safari
Savage , Minnesota
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 596
Images: 7
Some number of dealers commit to production in advance, with higher volume dealers assumed to commit to more units than smaller dealers. Thus the ordering timeline can be very different from dealer to dealer. Two people could order the exact same unit from 2 different dealers, and get very different delivery dates.
__________________
"I've got aluminum fever, and the only prescription, is more AIRSTREAM!!!"

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
https://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delivery delays morley8000 Sprinter and B-van Forum 2 04-05-2020 06:28 AM
Atlas delivery delays? parkerne Sprinter and B-van Forum 9 08-22-2019 05:48 AM
Take delivery at Jackson Center Tino643 Buyer Guidelines 6 10-21-2013 09:14 PM
NY-NJ George Washington Bridge 2013-2014 delays richinny On The Road... 3 08-05-2013 08:46 PM
Small fire at Service Center at Jackson Center hohne Our Community 32 06-07-2004 10:00 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.