Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Craigs list scam

I just ran across this scam in Michigan. Beware!

Thank you for contacting me about my 1985 Airstream SOVEREIGN 25 that I have for sale. This RV home is in great shape (ONLY 4300 LBS Features: Dinette , Couch , Sleeping Space, Refrigerator and much more ).This is a one owner RV , title is clear. It has no damage, no hidden defects.The interior is very clean and everything works perfectly.I do have the title, clear, under my name.My husband and I divorced last year, after the divorce I was awarded the RV, I don't need it and that's why I'm selling it so cheap.The total price is $1,900 including delivery and handling. It is located in Toledo, Ohio I recently moved here after I divorced. We can use Amazon Payments protection program for our safety and for payment I prefer to use a Amazon Payments buyer protection plan. The financial part will be managed by them. Which means that you will have 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the camper a refund policy is included. The deal will go strictly according to Amazon Payments rules and policy. There are no other costs on this transaction through Amazon Payments.

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
ij5

2013 16' Sport
2013 Interstate Coach
Oakfield , New York
Is anyone aware of this one?

I'm Martha, thank you for contact me about trailer, my husband and I divorced last year, I was awarded the trailer after the divorce, I don't need it. I have dropped my price to $1,990 (purchase price) that includes delivery and handling to your address since this is an Urgent Sale! It is located in Jackson, Mississippi and will be delivered from there. I recently moved here after I divorced.

Here are the pictures:

Let me know if you like it, hope to hear from you soon,
ij5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
There are a ton of these scams floating around. Apart from the unreasonably low price, a clear indication that it is a scam will be revealed when you contact the party and express interest is seeing the trailer.

You will doubtless be given some reason why you cannot go and see it - maybe in storage at an army base or something, that seems a common one! But you will be told not to worry, because you will have ten days after picking it up to return it if unhappy, and the vendor will pick up any return costs!

I guess these people must still catch the odd sucker as the ads just keep on appearing!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote