Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Colonial Airstream is GREAT so far!!!

We drove down to NJ to pick up our new '08 25FB Safari last Friday! Patrick Botticelli was our salesperson, and he had the AS all cleaned up, set up for our shakedown/overnight stay, and ready for a detailed walk-through/explanation of how all the systems work, etc. VERY thorough and knowledgeable, responsive, and a nice guy as well And no high pressure sales techniques or sneakiness, just straight forward and honest. Gotta love that!

Patrick has been so helpful right from our first telephone conversation, prior to our visit down there. He asked me some questions about how we wanted to use the Airstream, LISTENED, and had several units ready for us to view that he felt would suit us perfectly. He was right - after looking at a bunch, his first choice was ours and we bought it! He also keeps their fabulous website up to date daily, check it out if you are in the market for an AS Colonial Airstream - Airstream's #1 Volume Airstream Dealership, New Jersey, RV, Travel Trailers, Campers We chose to drive to Colonial because they have such a large number of AS in one place to look through, SO much better than just studying the floorplans and trying to imagine what they actually look like! That and the fact that Patrick was so good on the phone, I knew he would be great to work with.

Colonial really rolls out the red carpet! Well, not literally (though that could easily be done, lol), but in the servicing of new owners The little things that I noticed needed attention were immediately either taken care of or photographed and a replacement ordered, without hesitation. Everyone we encountered there on both trips - purchase and pick-up - was great. David, the GM, who finalized the purchase and went out of his way several times to make sure I was happy with our purchase; Jim, who installed the hitch with great care and explained its use (along with how to work the brake system that came in our truck); Joe, the technician who carefully took care of my fix-it list (he is great! Also explained my TV's brake thingy again to me before I drove off - I was nervous, he is patient and kind and this was above board! He reminds me of St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus ); Lauren, also in sales, who kindly answered my newbie questions on the phone when Patrick was unavailable (she was also very encouraging to me which was most appreciated!); and Tony, the service manager (what a sweetie!), who did not hesitate to do what needed to be done to make sure everything was just right! Wow! What a team .

I know this reads like a sales brochure or something, and no, I do not get paid for this endorsement, nor am I connected in any way to Colonial (except as a customer); but their website says they want you to be completely satisfied, and so far, we ARE!

We have a few things on order that we will be going down to pick up or have installed soon, and I am confident at this point that we will continue to be VERY happy that we chose to drive down to NJ from northeast CT to Colonial. We look forward to a long and satisfying relationship with this team.

I just wanted to share this with you all, especially those on the forum who are contemplating a purchase, because this was a HUGE purchase/commitment for us - one which we most uncharacteristically made without any research or even much thought (we only went down there to LOOK! Really!) - and so far we are very happy that we did it!

We have two nights under our belt, and a few hundred miles of towing experience. We have our next trip planned for three nights on the RI coast next week! Oh, the places we'll go and the people we'll meet - how exciting!

Lynda
very happy new owner of an AS!

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
How I envy you. Have a good time for all of us who are still working full time and dreaming of the day when we can do what you do.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Lynda, so glad you are having a fantastic experience with your brand new Airstream. Sounds like you are putting her through her paces in short order and out and enjoying the Airstreaming life. Warm wishes of congratulations and looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks time!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Hi Judy and Bob!

What are you dreaming of doing? Do you mean fulltiming? Cause I see you are ahead of me in owning TWO vintage! Airstreams, so the way I see it, YOU are living MY dream!

I am a homeschooling mom of a teenager and my dh still works fulltime. We are not fulltimers - yet - though I am dreaming of doing it in a fabulous refurbed vintage model, about 31' or so - both of which I have been thus far unsuccessful at convincing dh is a good idea! Still dreamin'!

AIRSTREAM Life

Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #5
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
Lynda-your enthusiasm is contagious!

Congrats to you, glad you are having such a good time with the new AS!

Perhaps we'll bump into you this summer as well as our new AS freinds RIStreamin' (Brian and Donna).

Bill
Old 04-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
why not?

Thanks Carol!

Thanks to you, too, Bill!

Why not? Why don't we plan a meet up for a couple few days somewhere? I don't see any rallys planned for out our way. You, Bill and Donna, my family, maybe a few others will want to join us, too!

Got any ideas for locations and dates???

AIRSTREAM Life

Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Ft. Lauderdale , Florida
Congrats!

Lynda,
We purchased our 08 31 Classic from Pat last May and we are very happy with our choice and our decision to travel up from Florida to NJ for the purchase that we negotiated sight unseen using the internet pics as our guide to the right model. It was also our first AS and trailer. We negotiated a final price with David and that was that! We sell trawlers and know the process and we have the experience to know trust. After returning to FL we left 2 weeks later for Washington putting on 9k. Enjoy your Airstream and above all hit the road!
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I hate Colonial Airstream!

I guess I should explain why I think they are so rotten.

My wife and I dearly want a Skydeck. They are just sooooo cooool.

We noticed Colonial has one for sale. Those fiends keep that website updated and post a ton of pictures of every unit and two tons of pictures of the Skydeck. We were drooling.

We then noticed their price is about $60,000.00 cheaper and has less miles than any other Skydeck we found.

We sent a couple Emails asking questions about the Skydeck and they answered every one quickly and completely. We drooled even more.

Against our better judgement we went to the website the other day to ogle the Skydeck again and those fiends went and lowered the price!

We're scared that if this keeps up we could not afford not to buy our dream Airstream. We don't even want to know if they take trade ins. So if you know DON'T TELL US!

Imagine these guys selling Airstreams at low prices and being nice about it. The nerve.

(It's the perfect color too.)

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
They are a great Airstream dealer and Patrick does his best to make it a pleasant experience. I took over a year of calling them , asking questions etc. before I actually purchased. My 25' Classic was a special order with some interior and exterior design changes and I got everything I asked for.So here's another hats off to Colonial, Patrick, Lauren and Dave. Keep up the good work. You'd better buy that Sky Deck before you log on and find it's sold.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #10
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
We noticed Colonial has one for sale. Those fiends keep that website updated and post a ton of pictures of every unit and two tons of pictures of the Skydeck. We were drooling.

We then noticed their price is about $60,000.00 cheaper and has less miles than any other Skydeck we found.

Against our better judgement we went to the website the other day to ogle the Skydeck again and those fiends went and lowered the price!
I completely agree! Colonial definitely knows how to present the Airstream properly - SO MUCH BETTER that the Mothership does! I'll browse their site regularly to see what the new stuff is like... and get a case of aluminitus. Kim see's this and groans, hollering "WE'RE NOT GETTING ANOTHER AIRSTREAM!"...

But one never knows, do they???
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote