Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2010 16' Sport
Madison , Wisconsin
Buying New. Reasonable Price?

Hi all,
I am wondering how much I "should" pay for a new 16' sport? MSRP is at $35,000. Does anyone know the invoice price or what percentage off of that is reasonable?

Would like to have some solid numbers in mind when I go to the dealer and not get laughed off the lot.

Thanks.
boutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by boutdoors View Post
Hi all,
I am wondering how much I "should" pay for a new 16' sport? MSRP is at $35,000. Does anyone know the invoice price or what percentage off of that is reasonable?

Would like to have some solid numbers in mind when I go to the dealer and not get laughed off the lot.

Thanks.

invoice is hard to get and may be irrelevant.

dealers actually buy these units (and finance the purchase) so how MUCH the dealer has in it is hard to know.

same unit (and discount) may be widely different in price from dealer to dealer...

search using ANY of the key terms in the 'title only' box...

here are a few on this issue and the other related things...

follow the LINKS inside the posts too...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...its-44621.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368...ari-37392.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f349...eal-33849.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f349...eal-24594.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f365...eal-24413.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f349...-se-20214.html

it pays to shop online, then CALL some other dealers with units...

they are 4bidden from listing their 'discounts' but can do that on the phone...

check with A of arkansas, always competitive with pricing...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Colonial Airstream is another high volume dealer with a large inventory and good sales people.
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
We got our 2006 25 Safari SS at about $6000 under MSRP -- around $38,000

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
15% is a good general "off list" price to get. This is a guideline, not a rule. The right answer might be "depends"
  • If the dealer took delivery yesterday and hasn't paid any substantial interest on the unit, he might make the deal of the century IF you are prepared to make the decision immediately.
  • If the unit has sat for 13 months, the dealer might make a great deal to cut his losses.
  • If the unit has a less popular interior color scheme - you might get a deal
Generally you'll get better percentages on bigger units than on the smallest ones, but often people outgrow small units so you see a lot of these up for sale on our own classifieds, ebay, craigslist, etc.

If you really want to save money, but a gently used one - 2 to 3 years old. Talk about CHA-CHING.

I bought new twice, and I REALLY like the new just coming out "Serenity 27 FB CCD" but I'm just NOT going to spend that kind of money again. Besides I've learned that you might love a unit online, but that in person it's not all that - and vice versa. The Ocean Breeze series looks better than it photographs. At this point to get what I want, I'll probably buy a 27 foot hull and rebuild the interior - custom to my specs.

Paula
Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2010 16' Sport
Madison , Wisconsin
Foiled,
Thats a good thought about the dealer just taking delivery. The unit I am interested in will be hitting the lot this week and I plan to make an offer (after inspecting it) next week. Maybe I will get a good deal.
boutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote