Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
.........actually the 25 is 25 feet 11 inches....26 feet
Old 10-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2015 28' Flying Cloud
Laguna Niguel , California
You will absolutely enjoy any Airstream you decide on, but perhaps some more than others. We started with a Flying Cloud 23D. We liked the lighter color interior of the FC and the forward door and nice lounge of the D model. Downside is the corner bed is a bit small but at the same tine cozy for two. If you don't mind the corner bed a 23 D is a real nice trailer and tows like a dream, our TV was an Infinity 5.6 and we had no problems, as it has a 9000# tow capacity. The dogs will do fine and at least one will find a sweet spot under the dinette table. If you will do a lot of mountain travel probably an eco diesel or if you might think about a trade up in AS size some time a Ram 2500 diesel. We had our 23D for 8 months and traded up to a 28 to get more room as we travel with several dogs and were going to do a cross country trip. I think you should by new and there are a number of larger dealers that can offer you good prices especially at this time of year as there is probably still some 2016 inventory around in 23s. BTW the most popular is 25 but some times harder to get best price on those as they are most in demand. I also like the idea of spending a little extra for extended warranty, you can get up to 7 years. When you pull you house around the country at 62-65 mph things come lose etc. Airstreams are built pretty good but many of the appliance parts are just like so many others. We have had issues with toilet, water tank, many cabinet latches, ceiling fans, stereo, door adjust, all of which were covered by manufacture warranty, however, I expect with more usage we'll see additional failures and the extra warranty will come in handy as it covers all original equipment fully. We've also added solar panels and satellite dish which will come in handy if you wish to enjoy other things in addition to the great outdoors. Have a great time whatever you decide on.
Revery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:17 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Revery, which dish did you go with? How is it in terms of was of use and power draw. Do you need to be on shore or can you boondock?

Thx
Rich
Old 10-30-2016, 07:15 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' International
Atlanta , Georgia
Gosh, thanks everyone so much for the insightful comments. Everyone has been super helpful. We are going to a dealership to check out the sizes in person tomorrow. Pretty pumped. Airstream dreamin...
Bambii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:05 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' International
Atlanta , Georgia
Going 25fb, started looking at 16! Whaddya know? Haha.
Bambii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:03 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2015 28' Flying Cloud
Laguna Niguel , California
Just saw your note, and we just returned from 5300 mile trip. We went with a Winegard G2 and have had considerable problem with the supplied HDMI cables Airstream uses. We have two receivers inside run thru a splitter so each TV can see any channel. We also had the dealer run an extension to the curbside storage box which we use as an outdoor theater setting a TV on the open door. Our biggest problem has been keeping a good contact with the installed HDMI cables. The cables do not want to have a good contact with the splitter, if we route around the splitter the picture usually holds. The system was installed by our dealer and he now has it back and having tried multiple splitters and connectors have come to conclusion the problem is with the HDMI cables. They will have to re-wire it which is no small task, but since I had them do it originally it's on them. The reception was OK but I found that overhead obstructions such as trees did present a problem. But at times when I got "searching for signal" that could also have been a cable problem. Most of our stops have been with hook ups so power was not a problem. We have run for a short time on the inverter and it was fine, we are also equipped the 200 watts of solar power to keep the battery charged so I don't expect to have a problem as long as we get some sun. Dealer told me he would have it ready in about a week to check the solution with cables and we will be going out again around Christmas so we'll see if they have it fixed. The Winegard G2 is the best for a trailer set-up and automatically locates the satellite once you stop and power it up. We have Directv service. BTW, Directv also replaced the receiver to make sure that was not the problem. Hope you don't have the same headaches, I'll let you know how things work out.
Revery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Ladysmith , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaebrewer View Post
Lv our 23 FC FB - but had to take out U-dinnette and replace w goucho couch to get there. Fold-up table for dining/working/corresponding/counter space. FC = great storage. Full bath across back has window that opens & separate shower. Double!!! sink crucial for dry camping/boondocking.
Husband tracked down previously leased 2013 Yukon XL Denali w tow package (in my mind most important item on a tow vehicle) as TV.
Photo of revised interior on photo page.
Hi Linda,
I found this post by you about replacing your dinette in your 23FB. Do you have any photos you can share? We have the same trailer and I am looking at doing something with the dinette area. Love the new u shape in the 2017, but want other ideas, too. Thanks! Lynette
llanderson64 is offline   Reply With Quote