Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
2011 25' FB International
Lafayette , Louisiana
Airstream.com - Images vs Style Descriptions

How confusing to NewBies. Each and every year, I can't wait to log in to airstream.com to see the latest and greatest. Always a delay getting info out. I have my 2015 27fb International Serenity on order, if I did not know better and refer to the official web site for Airstream, I would be much confused. (what shade is the wood accents, dark or light) Each and every year, I find major mistakes on Airstream.com. Why is it so hard for them to get it right? Don't have the qualified staff, hire me...I will check it for mistakes and report back. And why is the option list such a big secret? All the automotive sites post the options. I have seen the heading for a 25FB and the image be a 27fb & a last year style indicating it's a current year.... confusing, especially if you don't know. Airstream we ask to help all.... please get it right! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ASweb.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	219506  
LaBigDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Airstream doesn't care about accuracy. Twice I wrote to them requesting that they post a list of available options and not only did they not do it but they didn't reply and tell me why. And I realize it's a small thing but Airstream still claims that their solar package has 2 53 watt panels. The panels they use now and have been using for several years are 50 watt. Do not expect accuracy from Airstream.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Airstream (Jackson Center) does not have a showroom, and that's one of my pet peeves. Unless one travels to a place like Colonial Airstream in New Jersey, the selection process is narrowed down to either a dealer with tremendous inventory, or pictures. AND, not too many dealers are fat with inventory.

All of this falls into the category of marketing, which Airstream (or perhaps Thor) neglects to their detriment.

HOWEVER, the poobahs can point to the current demand, and proclaim, "Who needs marketing? We sell 'em as fast as we can build 'em!"

Mighty short sighted, and when this current cycle slows down, it will come to bite them.

Just my very humble opinion, though.

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
How many factories do have showrooms? And they do have a showroom of sorts - the factory tour.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
Al, I have to answer your question with a question.

If you sold the most expensive widjets available, how would you go about doing it?

I've toured the factory, and it's not a showroom by any stretch of the imagination.

https://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote