Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #1

Laguna Niguel , California
$75k OTD for 25ft 2014 Eddie Bauer?

Hi Airstreamers,

Made a deal for 75k OTD for Eddie Bauer 25ft with Solar package & Awning (trailer + upgrades + CA tax (8.75%) + license + reese hitch). Is this a good price? Want to know before I pull the trigger... The EB retail on the invoice is $87k.

Thanks!
mle949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

First off, Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

If the MSRP (sticker) is 87K and out the door for 75K, that's 14% off sticker. That would probably be about average for such a deal on a brand new current year very popular model Airstream.

When you refer to OTD, does that include tax, title, and tag? If so, that would be a really good deal. I don't know what the sales tax is in California, but the sales tax here in Florida on a 75K Airstream would be $4,500.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #3

Yes, the $75k includes tax, license, and hitch & install. Tax in CA is 8.75%...
Thanks for the help!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mle949 View Post
Yes, the $75k includes tax, license, and hitch & install. Tax in CA is 8.75%...
Thanks for the help!
That being the case, I think you you've got yourself a pretty sweet deal.

There is a small cost to join these Forums. You need to post pictures of your new baby as soon as you get her.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Hilton head island , South Carolina
Quote:
Hi Airstreamers,

Made a deal for 75k OTD for Eddie Bauer 25ft with Solar package & Awning (trailer + upgrades + CA tax (8.75%) + license + reese hitch). Is this a good price? Want to know before I pull the trigger... The EB retail on the invoice is $87k.

Thanks!
I have been looking at the same models. If it includes tax, hitch and solar that's a good deal. I would be happy to find that myself. CA tax is pretty heafty it looks like. One thing I will note is a common msrp of 25ft is 83,350 without solar. Does solar cost that much more or what other upgrades do you have? The interior, wheels etc of a EB is all standard in that model.
coastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Even at msrp of 87k you still made out very well running the numbers of tax and hitch. That is not even counting solar. Pull the trigger and enjoy in my opinion.

My calculations Of my target deal would be around 68/69k and that is without tax, solar or hitch. And only one dealer far away is close to that right now

8.75 of 69k is 6,037
Hitch would be around 1,000 or more
So that's 75037 not including solar or other upgrades
Old 03-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Newbie here....So after years of Looking at a number of different Brand of trailers (I leaned heavy towards airstream's), I got the Husband to go through a round of looking again last week and our stop ended at the airstream dealer again, with intent to look at what would really fit for us and our needs and if they didn't have a model a few years older, We'd try a bit of traveling to possibly buy from a private party. We both fell for the uniqueness and fit of the Airstream 25 FB Eddie Bauer, (finally a trailer we could agree on!). The dealer had a used 2013 that had recently been traded, had the additional awnings as well as the solar panels and is very clean, very little wear if any. Started to haggle with the salesman...... Put a down payment and We go to pick her up on Tuesday. I think we got a decent deal...... Can you say the salesman called and left a voicemail to nudge us out of our written agreement and down payment saying that he couldn't sell us that trailer at that price. That he had someone else that came in and offered to buy at the starting price? Salesman's remorse?
KathyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The Eddie Bauer is very popular. You might have gotten a bit more off on a less popular model, but you did a very good deal.

The real bargain will be the fun you have camping in it. Word of advice. My sister tells me the side bench is very slippery when you try to use a sleeping bag as bedding. I accidentally parked the EB so it leaned a bit toward the curbside.
So if you're going to have people sleeping on the dinette or the couch, tilt it a bit in the other direction... on a cold night hitting the aluminum sidewall with your behind might not be all that, but it beats hitting the floor. (Karen I made a flannel slipcover for your next visit.)

Paula
Old 03-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Glen Arbor , Michigan
We ordered a 2014 with essentially no options for 66,800 not including any tax etc. It is still in Jackson Center waiting for the salt to clear the roads. I felt good about the price and so did the dealer.
Wanna EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Thanks for the tips Paula! The only item I'm in question about is it's equipped with the micro/convection oven. But I'm sure we'll do fine with that. We checked it out in a rainstorm, LOL was originally sold last May, so it really was only used for possibly 10 months before then previous owners upgraded to a larger model. My Husband seemed to think the awnings and solar (2) panels were standard on the 2013?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
Thanks for the tips Paula! The only item I'm in question about is it's equipped with the micro/convection oven. But I'm sure we'll do fine with that. We checked it out in a rainstorm, LOL was originally sold last May, so it really was only used for possibly 10 months before then previous owners upgraded to a larger model. My Husband seemed to think the awnings and solar (2) panels were standard on the 2013?
One awning is standard. The awning package over the other windows is not.

solar is not standard. Both of those are upgrades.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:17 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
WannaEB, that's a great price for a brand new! So I think I read you will have the regular oven in yours?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #13

The invoice prices for the extras are $2950 for solar, $1249 awning package, and $725 for 1000W inverter on top of the "base" Eddie Bauer. Thanks for everyone's feedback. Just put the deposit down!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post
One awning is standard. The awning package over the other windows is not.

solar is not standard. Both of those are upgrades.

Thankyou Coastal, I sort of thought that originally, then, especially since doing a bit of reading here on the forums today. I will relay that to my Hubby who was stressing the night after a bit... on the essentially 2nd house we had signed on for. How much would those packages have cost last year as an add-on?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Quote:
The invoice prices for the extras are $2950 for solar, $1249 awning package, and $725 for 1000W inverter on top of the "base" Eddie Bauer. Thanks for everyone's feedback. Just put the deposit down!

Congrats!!! Exciting! I can hardly wait till Tuesday! When will your's be ready?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
and thank you for the package prices, we are paying a few hundred over 60,000... Might have been able to get it lower had it been on the lot longer and more experience in haggling technique, but the condition and not having to wait long help us sign that day.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:02 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Glen Arbor , Michigan
Yes, I will have a standard oven…we didn't do that to save money, that was our preference. I did get an inverter, but I think that was the only option. I did not get the second TV. I tried to order without the first TV, but that did not work…not much of a TV fan.
Wanna EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
Newbie here....So after years of Looking at a number of different Brand of trailers (I leaned heavy towards airstream's), I got the Husband to go through a round of looking again last week and our stop ended at the airstream dealer again, with intent to look at what would really fit for us and our needs and if they didn't have a model a few years older, We'd try a bit of traveling to possibly buy from a private party. We both fell for the uniqueness and fit of the Airstream 25 FB Eddie Bauer, (finally a trailer we could agree on!). The dealer had a used 2013 that had recently been traded, had the additional awnings as well as the solar panels and is very clean, very little wear if any. Started to haggle with the salesman...... Put a down payment and We go to pick her up on Tuesday. I think we got a decent deal...... Can you say the salesman called and left a voicemail to nudge us out of our written agreement and down payment saying that he couldn't sell us that trailer at that price. That he had someone else that came in and offered to buy at the starting price? Salesman's remorse?
I was responding to the original poster at the time you posted. The salesman wants to back out of a contract? Explain the word "Contract" and the words "Breach of Contract" to him/her. If you have a decent consumer protection department in your state - or even just the state corporation commission - or the city business licensing department... threaten to call them. You do have the right to post a totally honest Google review online too.

The salesman MIGHT be hoping you've got a little buyers nerves/remorse or are an easy pushover. There is actually a stronger possibility that they saw how "hot" you were for the Airstream and are trying to jack another couple of thousand out of you. A local dealer here in VB used to do this quite frequently with naive young sailors who were hot for sports cars. The Navy almost NEVER puts a private business "off limits" anymore... that's a vestige of WWII and the Korean War... but apparently that possibility was "discussed" with the owner of the dealership... and the practice abruptly stopped. (I'd have paid $100 to see the scene I imagine in my head. A gray haired admiral with five pounds of campaign ribbons dripping almost to his waistline having a "friendly chat" with the owner and manager of that dealer - Priceless!)

I'd actually refrain from suggesting that he perform a physically impossible sex act with himself, but seriously, they'd hold YOUR feet to the fire if YOU tried to back out. At a minimum they'd not refund your deposit.)
Be cool but firm, Tell them you're coming in to pick up YOUR Airstream as scheduled (and have alternate financing arranged if you were planning on letting the dealer arrange that.) With that, you could actually call the police if the dealer has sold the unit elsewhere. Selling YOUR trailer (under contract to you) could be perilously close to grand theft.

Best wishes, Paula
Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I was responding to the original poster at the time you posted. The salesman wants to back out of a contract? Explain the word "Contract" and the words "Breach of Contract" to him/her. If you have a decent consumer protection department in your state - or even just the state corporation commission - or the city business licensing department... threaten to call them. You do have the right to post a totally honest Google review online too.

The salesman MIGHT be hoping you've got a little buyers nerves/remorse or are an easy pushover. There is actually a stronger possibility that they saw how "hot" you were for the Airstream and are trying to jack another couple of thousand out of you. ..................,I'd actually refrain from suggesting that he perform a physically impossible sex act with himself, but seriously, they'd hold YOUR feet to the fire if YOU tried to back out. At a minimum they'd not refund your deposit.)

Be cool but firm, Tell them you're coming in to pick up YOUR Airstream as scheduled (and have alternate financing arranged if you were planning on letting the dealer arrange that.) With that, you could actually call the police if the dealer has sold the unit elsewhere. Selling YOUR trailer (under contract to you) could be perilously close to grand theft.

Best wishes, Paula

Paula - let's just just say that I was thankful that we live two hours from the dealership, or else my Husband would now be in Jail. After receiving the second call from the Salesman, (trying to break the contract) I called the Dealership Finance person who I had already had several "GO" conversations with..... And made our expectations of completing the transaction as agreed upon and without the presence of the salesman at anytime during our signing or walk through.... I really didn't want to have to bail my Hubby outta jail instead of signing papers to buy my airstream. All went well, without any problems, we got her home safely and Are shopping now for a better tow vehicle.
Kathy
Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1395722578.679814.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	704.2 KB
ID:	208257