Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2021, 07:08 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Germantown , Wisconsin
Cost of office option for Flying Cloud 25FB

We have a Flying Cloud 25FB on order, but not started, and are intrigued with the new office option. Cost is a key factor in our decision. Does anyone know the MSRP of this option?
CandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #22
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandK View Post
We have a Flying Cloud 25FB on order, but not started, and are intrigued with the new office option. Cost is a key factor in our decision. Does anyone know the MSRP of this option?
Hi

Easy way to find out is to call your dealer and ask. They can also answer the other questions like: Can I change my order? Will the change impact my delivery? Does this change any other options I've ordered? Does this change my discount?

We did the same thing on a van order. Other than paying a bit more, the rest of it was quite easy.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:05 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Ann Arbor , MI
Doesn't matter what they give you. AS slowed down production by 15% for basically rest of year communicated last week in a letter to all dealers. It was likely slowed before then. They are reforecasting all dates and send them to dealers this week. We are waiting to see how badly our delivery will slip.
ChaunceyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:49 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Arcadia , Oklahoma
It's November

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaunceyB View Post
Doesn't matter what they give you. AS slowed down production by 15% for basically rest of year communicated last week in a letter to all dealers. It was likely slowed before then. They are reforecasting all dates and send them to dealers this week. We are waiting to see how badly our delivery will slip.
Wonder if people are getting thier trailers?
WHUDS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:20 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archy528 View Post
Good morning,
I appreciate the replies! I did speak with Patrick yesterday. He provided his initial best price which was a decent amount more than I had RV One committing to after a few minutes on the phone.

However, I think I was backing myself into a corner with the hyperfocus on % off. It was kind of driving me nuts that there was no clear cut starting price.

But I now realize I had the wrong mindset. Going forward I need to start speaking to my final price and ignoring whatever % off that might be.

I listed my unit for sale last night, once we start getting some bites I'll reach back out to Patrick and hopefully he is willing to play ball.

Thank you all for the redirection!
I did not get far with Colonial pricing and found a unit already ordered by Airstream DFW for a quicker delivery. Any authorized Airstream dealer will perform the warranty service.

If you get a buyer try to make arrangements to do the transaction through the dealer. This will save on taxes if treated as a trade in. I have been successful in doing this twice. Once the dealer did it with no extra cost the other charged $350 D/H. Good deal for all parties
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:26 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
The delays are getting so bad that if you look on some dealer websites, some of the inbound units are being published as 2023s. Seems to make sense because around March-ish, they start the new model years. This year it was pushed into early summer, prob due to the pandemic and supply issues.

I think at some point, if this doesn't get any better, orders placed by June 2022 will be 2024s. There are many manufacturers that have said they firmly expect supply constraints (and labor shortages) throughout 2022, so that 2024 comment, though it might not be 100% accurate, it's well within reason IMHO.

I live in a major metro area (in the top 3 cities in the US by size)and most all the car dealership lots and remote lots are virtually empty sans a car or two, except the Porsche dealer down the road, he's got plenty of inventory...but not a lot of customers.
panamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:36 AM   #27
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by McStreamy_ View Post
If I were in your area of the world I'd give Colonial Airstream a call and talk with them.
Screaming YES....

POI thats a lot of $$$$ for only 180w of factory solar. Remember they don't specialize in it.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 11-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

Westport , Washington
Regarding price increases. I was given a copy of this last week when we were ordering ours. Honestly I don't think I got that good of a deal with a bit off of MRSP. I was thinking I should shop around harder and then it'd be fun to drive to pick up the trailer whenever it was built and then travel back home. But....Being West Coast if the best deal was someone like Colonial or Tampa that'd mean we'd have a lot of packing into the truck et cetera....possibly being a pain in the rear. So we did what we did.

The sales guy handed us a statement from Airstream which I'll summarize some:
--Shipping cost goes up $300 or has gone up on 10/11/21
And then this paragraph....
"Effective immediately, 10/8/2021, Airstream will be reviewing prices four times a year until the supply chain pricing volatility subsides. As you know, we recently launched our new 2022 models and provided guidance of an additional 2.5% price increase on orders shipped after January 1, 2022. Today we are announcing two more price increases. On orders taken on or after October 11, 2021, that are shipped after April 1, 2022, but before July 11, 2022, there will be an additional 2.5% increase. The second price increase will be on any new order taken on or after October 11, 2021, but are produced on or after July 11, will have an additional 2.5% increase over January's guidance. Keep in mind July 11, 2022, is our projected model year changeover date."

Soooo the longer the delay the more the cost. Some of this is very understandable as I'm sure their material cost have risen. It would be to their benefit and especially ours if they could get their ballpark timing better so a person could figure their actual cost a bit better.

I'm a bit put out by the sales guy actually. He told us we more than likely would get the trailer next May 2022. I kind of thought then he was blowing smoke because of all the reading and research I've done. Then a few days later he called saying next September because Airstream has a problem getting the furniture that goes into the Classic 30. I actually told him when he said May I thought he was blowing smoke...his comment was "Point taken." It seems to me by the time a person takes delivery they'll see at least a 5% increase. I can live with all this if it's presented upfront from the start. Refund isn't binding so I might go look elsewhere because of this experience. I like to deal up front.
Kimbrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:22 PM   #29
NewAirstreamer & Lovin it

2022 25' International
Saint George , UT
Am so frustrated with the entire ordering/receiving AS process. I read that some people at least get updated info from their Sales Reps. The dealership I ordered act like I am really bothering them when I call every 2-3 months to get a status! And when I finally contacted Jackson Center to attempt to get the VIN or at least an order number, the dealership was not happy. I ordered my International 25RBQ on May 1, 2021. I was told by Jackson Center on Sept 12, 2021 that it has come off the line the previous day. Now they were just waiting for transportation. I called the dealership Oct 1st, to see if they had a date and was told "You'll be told as soon as we are told". If it wasn't for the fact that I love the Airstream product, I'd cancel completely!! Sorry, just ranting.
Sheila-StGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
When we were in Jackson Center in early October, there were mostly completed trailers stashed everywhere in town. If there was an empty lot, it had Airstreams on it…

Asked the service guys and got two answers:

There is a tremendous shortage of delivery vehicles. In the week we were there, we saw one guy with a flatbed carrying two Bambis and towing a 25’ FC leave. Didn’t see anything else get loaded or move out (granted, we weren’t outside much).

And many are missing an appliance(s) and won’t ship until they can be delivered to the customer.

We actually left without the new axles we ordered as they hadn’t arrived from Dexter and no one knew where they were…
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:18 AM   #31
1 Rivet Member

Richmond , RI
Good morning all,
I received my partial vin from the dealer back in September. At that time, the dealer was quoting a late Nov delivery but customer service replied that I would be looking at mid Dec.

I reached out to CS again last week and I am now being told mid Jan. I received a call from the dealer yesterday who relayed the same information with the extra tidbit that I should expect a month for delivery after it comes off the line. So right now I'm not expecting anything until March or April.

...but it appears that we might get hit with a 2.5% increase due to the wait? That feels like.an odd move. I think AS should do it based on order date...not delivery date. Also curious if March/April is even realistic at this point. (We ordered in July).
Archy528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:22 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

Richmond , RI
Also... we did end up.selling our pop-up. Downside is I didn't see the message about doing it via a dealer.

Hopefully we at least have a unit to camp.in next year.
Archy528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:14 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Arcadia , Oklahoma
Well, charging price increases on orders after the fact is well, greedy
Old 11-10-2021, 12:04 AM   #34
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Santa Ana , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandK View Post

Hi. In early July we were quoted $1,950 to add the office to the 25FBT Flying Cloud that we ordered in May 2021. Still waiting for it to be built…
Peter.
Indiclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:47 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2021 19' Bambi
Latham , New York
We ordered a Bambi 19CB in Feb 2021 with an expected November delivery. Well, its November and we just got a call from the dealer that the expected delivery is now January 2022. What a bummer, throws our winter travel plans off a couple months. So we should also expect a price increase too.
WhatNext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:38 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Arcadia , Oklahoma
All this mess should increase resale of used trailers
Old 11-11-2021, 05:43 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Hillsdale , New York
Seems like price increases should not apply to delivery dates extended by the manufacturer.

Makes me glad we are picking up our used 2020 GT from Colonial next week.

SPP
SlowPokePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:57 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Off topic, but couldn’t help but notice….It’s good to see we have some Airstream owners here in the Hudson Valley and Albany County in Eastern NY.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:33 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' Flying Cloud
2024 20' Basecamp
Piedmont area , North Carolina
When we ordered ours in August, the sales rep said that it could be a 22 or 23. My husband and I in the grip of Airstream fever thought she meant the length (not the model year) and panicked a bit. She said about 8-10 months wait for delivery.
On our sales slip there is no mention of a possible increase in price due to delivery date or any other issues. We just downgraded the oven from convection to gas and our overall price went down. So far holding firm on that sales price. Of course we don't have a set date on anything yet.
Just waiting..
DogMomDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:58 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

Pricing and dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archy528 View Post
Also... we did end up.selling our pop-up. Downside is I didn't see the message about doing it via a dealer.

Hopefully we at least have a unit to camp.in next year.
While it may be true that any reputable dealer will provide warranty work on your AS, you will get much better treatment from the dealer you purchase from. In your case, I assume Colonial is your nearest dealer. It’s worth a small premium to deal with them imho. Also, something that no one has mentioned and took us by surprise is the closing process. Think back to your last new car buying experience when the sales person led you into the F&I office like a lamb being led to the slaughter. Get ready. They will offer you extended warranties on tires, structure, systems and road side service just to mention a few. These add ons can easily exceed $5,000. Are they worth it? You’ll have to decide, but I would recommend going to see this office before your closing and getting the information ahead of time so you have time to study the details and see if there is a competitive product. At closing, they will want you to say yes now or never.
Also regarding warranty work, the same parts shortage affecting the assembly line also affects replacement parts. One more thing about delivery. The dealer will probably offer for you to spend the first night on their lot so you can make sure everything works and nothing got missed on the pdi process. Put your Attila the Hun hat on. Nothing is minor at this point. Go over everything with a magnifying glass and put things on a written list. You’ve just forked over a huge chunk of change and you have every right to demand that things are right. If your unit comes with Airstream connect, the built in WiFi system, be aware that the id number is probably missing the last two digits on the printed label close to the off/on key. When you reach out to AT&T to setup your complimentary first year of service, the number on the label won’t work and you’ll spend a lot of time going back and forth with CS at JC. The reason? The label wasn’t wide enough to include the entire number, so they stuck it on there anyway. Expect and plan for a return trip to the dealer for punch list things that won’t come up until your first couple of times camping. Other than the above, happy camping and travel safe or don’t do it at all. One more thing. Don’t scrimp on your tow vehicle. Get a truck big enough with a safety margin.
GiaPK is offline   Reply With Quote