Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Peoria , Arizona
2009 Models

When do the dealers place oders for the 2009 units, and when would those units begin to be built? We are considering a factory build order with our selected options and would wait to order a 2009.

Also, anyone have an inside scoop if we can expect to see new and exciting changes for the 2009 units? Maybe interior aluminum skin option on the Classic line? Changes in floorplans? Maybe trim a little weight off the 25FB Classic? Do tell!
AZ-JH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
I don't have any industry secrets for you, but I know our 2008 model was built in May of 2007.

I think our 2004 model was built in March of 2003.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
_

. , .
hi az' welcome to the forums...

my understanding is dealers place their seasonal 'orders' about twice per year...

at the dealer meetings and about 8-10 months before the release time...

some busy dealers may order stock at other times too (like monthly)...

for CUSTOMER factory build orders, they can and will take your order at any time...

then expect about 6 weeks (+/=) or 8 weeks till delivery.

the 08 model year winds down in april/may, followed by introduction of 09s...

certainly NEW models and floor plans happen then, but so do price increases.

and the last few months of a production year the models may have NEW features (that will be part of the next year)...

features that are NOT on the early models from the same year.

not all dealers like to fiddle with 'customer orders' and would prefer you just buy from their inventory.

but other dealers will not only order for YOU, they will give ya the build/options list, so you can al a carte it!

cheers
2air'

i placed the order in late jan/feb 05 for an 05.

trailer was delivered in april (but production was busier that year)...

anyway this 05 had ALL of the 06 upgrades included (except one... the 06 $$$)

AND ON EDIT...

here is a thread with an example of the 'retail pricing order sheet' from 05 (it's the pdf file attached near the end)

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f296...res-27055.html

a/s WILL send you this info directly via snail mail for any model line...

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
AZ-JH,

Why not ask the good folks at Oasis RV Center in Tucson?

Oasis RV Center Inc
OASIS R.V. CENTER, INC. - Home

2111 E Benson Hwy
Tucson, AZ 85714
(520) 889-6361

Even though there are new models from time to time, the essential Airstream look and feel remains relatively unchanged. Only the astute observers can tell the difference between say a 2006 and a 2007 Safari 25FB. In fact, there are differences even within the same model year in terms of interior details but they are probably not worth the bother trying to sort out.

Why not get an Airstream as soon as you are ready rather than postpone the gratification that comes from ownership?

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome to the forums. The valley Airstream population is growing! In case you are interested in meeting other area Airstream owners, we are having a rally in two weeks just north of the valley in Cottonwood. Check out the link below my name for Deadhorse2. You are more then welcome to stop by and visit. We will have about 30 Airstreams of various ages at the event.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Peoria , Arizona
Thank you for all the helpful replies. Can't wait to join the ranks.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
At the St. Louis RV show a few weeks ago, we asked Dave Schumann of A/S about the chances of a Classic with the aluminum interior/hickory cabinets (in the original post), and while he said he would never say never, he said don't hold your breath. We would have liked that, too!

Airstream will let you tweak things a bit, though usually at a cost...for example, we had them leave the chrome extrusion off the center rivet line on our Classic, a la the Safaris and Internationals, and we tinkered with floor coverings, the A/C unit, the convection microwave, and the skylights.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:24 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Poway , California
Good luck with the people at Oasis. I've emailed them and filled out their web-form thing, and left a voice mail. That was weeks ago. I've heard nothing and received nothing in the mail either. I haven't had time to pop in unannounced yet but I get the feeling that since they want to set up an appointment to talk to you that it's not a welcomed thing to do. I'm really curious what my options are at this point. Literally, I would like the '08 options lists for the 27' Classics and larger... Especially the 30'SO and the 34'SO, but alas, I can't get seem to get these.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceGirl
Good luck with the people at Oasis. I've emailed them and filled out their web-form thing, and left a voice mail. That was weeks ago. I've heard nothing and received nothing in the mail either. I haven't had time to pop in unannounced yet but I get the feeling that since they want to set up an appointment to talk to you that it's not a welcomed thing to do. I'm really curious what my options are at this point. Literally, I would like the '08 options lists for the 27' Classics and larger... Especially the 30'SO and the 34'SO, but alas, I can't get seem to get these.
Giovanna...I'd give Oasis another chance...they have always been responsive to us, but we just walked in off the street and started asking questions...we didn't go the internet form route or leave messages at all. And that's where we bought our AS. Talk to Joe Pershing, the owner...the shop is nothing fancy but don't let that fool you...they know what they are doing. They are very busy, and there never seems a be a dull moment around there, so that'd be my guess as to why you're having a time getting a response via the internet... Just plain busy... In fact, I asked Joe one time if he did much on line and he said he was just too busy to deal with it...

Good luck...
TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #10
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I agree with TB about Oasis. They don't do much over the internet, but they are a great Airstream dealer.

Richard

Old 02-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
I second or third or fourth that opinion of Oasis. Great place for Airstream service. Just drop in. Not exactly an internet-oriented kind of place.

BTW, the SO options might look appealing space-wise, but the extra weight penalty can be a lot to swallow.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceGirl
... Literally, I would like the '08 options lists for the 27' Classics and larger... Especially the 30'SO and the 34'SO...
hi peacegirl...

the factory in j/c WILL mail these to you in print format...

email or call customer service/tech support and discuss it.

they emailed the '05 version to me which i've linked above, not sure if they will do it that way now.

i've got last years (07-08) but don't wanna scan and post them since they aren't current.

and while i did most of the dealing online with a dealer who understands using the internet...

don't write off a good (but old fashioned) shop nearby...

and even IF you plan to order a unit to your specs, LOOKING at units on the lots is very important to the shopping...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
1960 18' "Footer"
1959 26' Overlander
Riverside , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
I second or third or fourth that opinion of Oasis. Great place for Airstream service. Just drop in. Not exactly an internet-oriented kind of place.

BTW, the SO options might look appealing space-wise, but the extra weight penalty can be a lot to swallow.
We haven't stopped in at Oasis yet but our experience with two other Aistream dealers, one in CA and one in TN, is that they have internet and you can supposedly make an appointment for service and request information but they really respond best to a call or stopping in. Our dealer didn't even know that I had canceled our appointment for service! They seemed surprised when I told them I sent them a message the day before through their service request form on the web! I would try again and given that they are probably busy call back rather than waiting for a return call.

What do you want to be in life, a spectator or a participant?

SNU #157
FCU #004
Motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Peoria , Arizona
Glad to get feedback on Oasis. Any feedback on Dillon's RV in Mesa? I don't mind going to Tucson or a neighboring state to buy, but Dillon's is closest for us.

We were at Tucson Oasis on New Year's Eve and got to take our time and browse through all the A/Ss. Even though they were supposed to be closed that day, there was someone there and the units were all unlocked for a private viewing without a salesman so I could think. I was just giddy. It's also cool that they deal exclusively in A/S. We didn't see any SOBs.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We did not have a good experience with Dillon's...they sell other brands of RVs, etc., and I think that's part of they problem. they were like any other RV dealer...hard sell. Our problem was that they made an offer to us to trade in our small motor home on a new Airstream...and we said "yes" and gave them a credit card number for earnest pmt...and told them we'd be up the next weekend with the Moho with the rest of our down payment and to sign the papers, etc. (This was over the phone after we'd been there earlier in the day)... 20 minutes later they call us back and said they'd need to have another $10,000. Talk about taking the wind out of our sails. We were so disappointed. Blew me away that they would do that. We were so shocked that they would do this when they were the ones who made the offer to us. So we said, "No thank you." For days the sales person called each day and asked us what he could do to make the deal work. We kept saying that was simple: "Stick to the deal you offered us in the first place." We eventually went to Oasis and bought from them...they have been great. I will not go back to Dillon's. Ever. They have lost me for good.

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-JH
Glad to get feedback on Oasis. Any feedback on Dillon's RV in Mesa? I don't mind going to Tucson or a neighboring state to buy, but Dillon's is closest for us.

We were at Tucson Oasis on New Year's Eve and got to take our time and browse through all the A/Ss. Even though they were supposed to be closed that day, there was someone there and the units were all unlocked for a private viewing without a salesman so I could think. I was just giddy. It's also cool that they deal exclusively in A/S. We didn't see any SOBs.

Oh, the irony.

We were having a rally New Years eve at Mt. Picachu. You could have dropped in and seen more trailers and joined in on the fun.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:16 AM   #17
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Don't forget we are having a rally in Cottonwood this weekend. Please stop by and say hi! We will have a trailer open house on Saturday afternoon from 1 to 3 PM. We will have 30+ trailers to view and talk with the owners about what they like and don't like about each model. All this an no salesman, talk about being giddy!

Richard

Old 02-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Peoria , Arizona
Goin Camping, on our way back from Oasis on New Year's Eve, we DID drive by Picacho and were just thrilled to come across the A/S rally there. We had NO IDEA there was a rally that day. We just stopped by on our way home to check out the park for future camping trips. Imagine our amazement to unexpectedly see all you Airstreamers immediately after our visit to Oasis.

I know, I know. We should've stopped and chatted. I'm just now learning how open and friendly A/Sers are. We were the couple in the light blue Ford Explorer that slowly drove around the rally TWICE, gawking shamelessly. It was early evening, and the food smelled oh-so-good, too.

The events surrounding that whole day was another sign that the stars are aligning for us to acquire our A/S. Not sure if we'll make Cottonwood this weekend, but we will eventually meet in our travels!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Poway , California
I'm glad to hear the peeps at Oasis are nice to you and that busy business is the likely reason for unreturned phone calls and emails.

Being a business owner, myself however, I just tend to think it's very unprofessional and I look at it as unfriendly and unwelcoming as if they're saying, "We don't want or need your business" because ultimately that's what an unreturned phone call says to a potential customer. Think about it. I have called twice and weeks later there is still no response. 24-48 hours is professional, a week at the most is past the boundary.

So even if they're not online, IMHO, unreturned calls are not good. I'll still stop in, and I won't say a thing about it and I'll be nice and professional myself, but it'll be hard to get their unresponsiveness out of my head and I won't make any purchases from them, only browse in person since they're the easiest source for that.

Plus, if they are unresponsive to a potential customer, how responsive can I expect them to be once I'm already a customer and need service or have questions or whatever? Probably not any response.

And 2Air' brought up a great idea about the factory sending the options list to me, so I think I'll do that and skip talking to the people at Oasis except for the "I'm just looking today" line.

Thanks to you all who gave me your input.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Canton , Mississippi
2009 Models

Dealer told me they will be getting the first of the 2009s in May/June timeframe. Colonial Airstream (N.J.) is showing they have one in stock already.
szimmerer is offline   Reply With Quote