Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
VIN question from the Help Desk

Okay, I'm trying to help a guest learn something and maybe join AIRForums.

The plate alongside the door clearly is printed with Santa Fe Springs (so, California produced) and is embossed with:
22TS S074S

The second line isn't VIN as I understand it. Only the first line is. 074S is the sequential production number and I'd guess the last digit is a mis-strike -- difficult to say for sure if it would have been a '5' unless had the original title in hand.

Reference page for '62 Safaris at vintageairstream.com - 1961 Safari 22' - Vintage Airstream

Is there agreement that this is a 1962 coach? Other ideas? It looks like 22' Flying Clouds were only made in Ohio that year.

Does the 6202 line denote year-month of production? (1962-Feb)

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
Okay, I'm trying to help a guest learn something and maybe join AIRForums.

The plate alongside the door clearly is printed with Santa Fe Springs (so, California produced) and is embossed with:
22TS S074S

The second line isn't VIN as I understand it. Only the first line is. 074S is the sequential production number and I'd guess the last digit is a mis-strike -- difficult to say for sure if it would have been a '5' unless had the original title in hand.

Reference page for '62 Safaris at vintageairstream.com - 1961 Safari 22' - Vintage Airstream

Is there agreement that this is a 1962 coach? Other ideas? It looks like 22' Flying Clouds were only made in Ohio that year.

Does the 6202 line denote year-month of production? (1962-Feb)
I have the serial numbers of the early production at the California plant.

I will look that number up tomorrow when I am at the office, and make a post accordingly.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I received a message from Andy Rogozinski: "The Cailfornia serial numbers for the 22 foot for 1962 started at 0650 and ended at 0875."

This individual at the Help Desk clarified the VIN # for me. It actually is 22TS S0748 and not 22TS S074S. Therefore it clearly falls within the range for Santa Fe Springs produced Safaris that year. Airstream set aside 225 'sequential production numbers' from their California plant that year? I'm impressed!

Can we hear a round of applause?

Pictures Brenda; pictures...

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote