Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #21
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Pfay,

Congrats on your new baby. So are you going to join the WBCCAOAII?

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:57 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Welcome to the Overlander club!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Airstream. You also are in the "Overlander" club as well as the Vintage club.
Hensley Hitch
vajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:24 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
......and the 69'ers Club Welcome.

If you have any questions at all even little ones - we have all had them at one time or another or will have them shortly. So if you can not find what you are looking for throughout your searches here - do not be afraid to ask the question even though it may have been asked a 100 times before...

That is a great price and now you have $500 to get you started.

I forgot to add on my list we changed our old Univolt out - we had it bench tested by professionals and the transformer was deader than a door knob. Sometimes it is worth it if just the capacitors are toast - to replace them at $15.00 each they still make them - believe it or not. General Electric of Canada still pumps them out - but they are hard to find and they have to be special ordered.

Be sure to check here first before getting any work done outside -there are lots of recommendations, both reputable dealers and DIY hints that require minimal skill - just lots of photos and patience and this crew here can walk you through pretty much anything. Or the very least give you both sides of the issue so that you can make an educated decision.
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:16 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Well, about that "money pit" thing. I think they all turn out to be something we really enjoy spending our time and money on. Remember it's a 69 and no doubt will need some things fixed or replaced. Mine is a 78, it was certainly ready to camp when I bought it, BUT there were so many things that I just wanted to change a little. Then the A/C decided 28 years was enough and I decided 28 years was probably enough for the water heater too. Then the shore water inlet came loose and was put to rest with the A/C and WH. It's truely been a labor of love for both me and my check book. It doesn't seem so bad if you do all the work you can yourself and then do the rest as you can afford. Happy camping.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote