Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #21
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast
 
flyfshr's Avatar

 
1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I currently do not own a 2nd Airstream
Posts: 4,342
Images: 40
My records indicate it is a later in the year built 1960 CA produced 24 foot TradeWind.

Is this your new-to-you Airstream? If so, would love to see you post some pictures including the name plate because the 6304 is confusing me. I find it hard to believe it is the fourth TW from the CA plant in 1963 based on the 1022 number.

Brad
FF
__________________
4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #22
New Member
 
Currently Looking...
Berkeley , California
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Blog Entries: 2
Flyfshr I will post a picture of name plate take a few minutes to figure out how
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #23
New Member
 
Currently Looking...
Berkeley , California
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Blog Entries: 2
Flyfshr I confess on my I phone adding pictures will not work so it will take a while to post a picture
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #24
New Member
 
Peyton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Airstream Model

Hello All,

I have acquired an older airstream and cant figure out which model it is. There is not tag by the front door but there is one on the front. It reads L23d-J1554. I have this so far:

Land Yacht
23'
Rear Bath Double Bed
1971
Jackson Center

What I don't know is the model?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cole
coloracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #25
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar

 
2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,794
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloracer View Post
Hello All,

I have acquired an older airstream and cant figure out which model it is. There is not tag by the front door but there is one on the front. It reads L23d-J1554. I have this so far:

Land Yacht
23'
Rear Bath Double Bed
1971
Jackson Center

What I don't know is the model?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cole
A 70s 23 foot trailer would be a Safari
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Americus , GA
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 7
Can anyone help me with the year etc on this one?
The plate by the door has two sets of numbers/letters
Top part says: D 5 20 I J
Bottom says: I 29 D9 J 6 55
It's a Land yacht Ambassador
AndrewD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #27
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar

 
2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,794
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
I 29 D9 J 6 55
Breaks down as follows
I = International (trim level)
29 = Feet in length (Ambassador)
D = Doubld Bed
9 = 1969
J = Jackson Center, Ohio plant
655 = Sequence (unique) number
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #28
1 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Americus , GA
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
I 29 D9 J 6 55
Breaks down as follows
I = International (trim level)
29 = Feet in length (Ambassador)
D = Doubld Bed
9 = 1969
J = Jackson Center, Ohio plant
655 = Sequence (unique) number
Thank you for your help!
AndrewD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #29
Rivet Master
 
1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,069
I'd be grateful if someone could explain this VIN to me.

I220334T

Am told it is a 1960 and it is 22 feet long.

Thank you in advance.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #30
Rivet Master

 
1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
I'd be grateful if someone could explain this VIN to me.

I220334T

Am told it is a 1960 and it is 22 feet long.

Thank you in advance.
I-International
22-length ball to bumper
O-Ohio built
334-sequence built
T-Twin model
You can go to Airstream Archives/Photos for pictures by year. 1960 had several 22 foot models.
Bubba L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #31
Rivet Master
 
1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,069
Thank you Bubba L
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #32
airstream junkie
 
1971 27' Overlander
1971 31' Sovereign
Atlanta , GA
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 60
Trailer number

Please help with this number L25-T8J-1326. It's on a plate on the front street side.

Thanks
lawrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #33
Rivet Master

 
1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrell View Post
Please help with this number L25-T8J-1326. It's on a plate on the front street side.

Thanks
Iíll take a stab.
L- Landyacht package
25- Length
T-rear bath
J-Ohio built
Donít know what the Ď8í is for.
Bubba L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:05 AM   #34
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar

 
2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 14,794
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba L View Post
Iíll take a stab.
L- Landyacht package
25- Length
T-rear bath
J-Ohio built
Donít know what the Ď8í is for.
T = twin bed
8 = 1978
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:08 PM   #35
New Member
 
Providence , RI
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 2
no title, vin help

any decoding help?

this airstream motorhome had no title and i just want to be sure of the year and model etc.

vin: CPY3773300129

thanks for any help... I'm thinking 1976 but can't quite lock it down.
Sean Belcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:12 AM   #36
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,767
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Belcher View Post
any decoding help?

this airstream motorhome had no title and i just want to be sure of the year and model etc.

vin: CPY3773300129

thanks for any help... I'm thinking 1976 but can't quite lock it down.
That is the Chassis serial number that was put on by Chevrolet, not the Airstream serial number that was put on the finished motor home by Airstream. I don't know how to decode the Chevrolet serial number,. It should be noted that the model year encoded in the Chassis serial number may be earlier that the model year encoded in the Airstream/Argosy serial number near model year changeover as it would take some time convert a bare chassis into a motor home.

The Airstream serial number should be stamped into a metal plaque applied to the outside of the motor home body. It should be 9 characters long: 2 digits for length, 1 letter for floorplan, 1 digit for model year, 1 letter for assembly plant, and 4 digits for sequence number.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:39 PM   #37
New Member
 
Providence , RI
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
That is the Chassis serial number that was put on by Chevrolet, not the Airstream serial number that was put on the finished motor home by Airstream. I don't know how to decode the Chevrolet serial number,. It should be noted that the model year encoded in the Chassis serial number may be earlier that the model year encoded in the Airstream/Argosy serial number near model year changeover as it would take some time convert a bare chassis into a motor home.

The Airstream serial number should be stamped into a metal plaque applied to the outside of the motor home body. It should be 9 characters long: 2 digits for length, 1 letter for floorplan, 1 digit for model year, 1 letter for assembly plant, and 4 digits for sequence number.
Thank you, I found the correct number and decoded from there.
Sean Belcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #38
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,767
Images: 41
I started a new thread about the new 1959-80 Airstream and Argosy Serial Number Decoder here:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f49...er-210031.html
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #39
New Member
 
Lincoln , California
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 2
Did you ever figure out what the top numbers on that plate mean or describe ?
H-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:29 PM   #40
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,767
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bomb View Post
Did you ever figure out what the top numbers on that plate mean or describe ?
Nope, It is extremely likely that Airstream did not keep such records and we will never decode them.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1961 - 1963 Bambi Serial Number Guide Andy R 1961 - 1963 Bambi 56 05-07-2019 12:10 AM
Where are the serial numbers? bjstewart1 Title, VIN & Registration 4 05-07-2015 03:35 PM
Production Numbers on Front and Back? Guitars WBCCI Forum 5 11-24-2002 08:47 AM
Stuck Numbers? Mr Jody Hudson Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info 0 07-31-2002 10:13 PM
numbers on trailers maznblu WBCCI Forum 2 06-03-2002 12:42 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.