Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2018, 09:49 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Go through Staab Agency to have it registered in Maine. You don't need to be a resident, and you can do it through the mail. They'll send you a Maine registration and plate which you can then use to register the trailer in your state. All they need is a notarized bill of sale, which would presumably not mention the Certificate of Destruction. I did this twice with old trailers I purchased in NYS that had no paperwork. In both cases I was able to use the Maine registration to import the trailer to Canada and register it here.

1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper (65avion.home.blog)
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 28
1979 30' Argosy
Tate , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsonOverlander View Post
Go through Staab Agency to have it registered in Maine. You don't need to be a resident, and you can do it through the mail. They'll send you a Maine registration and plate which you can then use to register the trailer in your state. All they need is a notarized bill of sale, which would presumably not mention the Certificate of Destruction. I did this twice with old trailers I purchased in NYS that had no paperwork. In both cases I was able to use the Maine registration to import the trailer to Canada and register it here.

Thanks!!
RoamingHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #23
Rivet Polisher

1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Pleasant , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsonOverlander View Post
I'd be curious to see if this works, a friend tried this once and the title came back in NC as "certificate of destruction", apparently all title data is shared between states.
wildhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:15 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
Blacksburg , Virginia
cool !

[QUOTE=RoamingHappy;2059511]Asking for help or advice from people with experience.

I messed up. I bought a 1989 25' Excella from wholesale auction.
Its in great shape! Nothing wrong with it!!

But it has a Certificate of Destruction from Florida. Cant understand why the insurance company did that.

No flood damage.
No collision damage.
No bio-hazard.
Just a couple of very minor scratches and the clear coat is faded on top.

But, now Im stuck. I live in Georgia. In Georgia, I cant get it registered.
  • Georgia: Anything newer than 1985 must be titled
  • Georgia: having it inspected won't help.

Where can I get a similar frame to transfer the body?

What can I do? I'd like to keep it and use it. " Quote]

Cool deal. I like small fixer uppers. I lose focus quick, so small jobs are best : )
I like the looks of your new to you trailer
Good luck !