Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2015, 08:53 AM   #1

1956 22' Caravanner
Lowell , Michigan
Numbers welded onto tongue of trailer

Ahhhh I'm a newbie having a bunch of trouble negotiating the forums. Finally I have found a forum where the Button "new thread" can be found. I am not usually this computer illterate but sure feel like it today. LOL Anyway I am just trying to find a place to post a question about some numbers I found that were welded and raised on the tongue of my 56. Caravanner.
Just wondering what they were. I was told by the local Airstream dealer that the the vin was on the plaque and these are different than the plaque numbers.
NikiRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiRose View Post
Ahhhh I'm a newbie having a bunch of trouble negotiating the forums. Finally I have found a forum where the Button "new thread" can be found. I am not usually this computer illterate but sure feel like it today. LOL Anyway I am just trying to find a place to post a question about some numbers I found that were welded and raised on the tongue of my 56. Caravanner.
Just wondering what they were. I was told by the local Airstream dealer that the the vin was on the plaque and these are different than the plaque numbers.
Can't help you with the raised numbers but to open a new thread, in the upper left of the page, under Air Forums, pick the Forums drop down, select a forum (may have to select a sub-forum on the next page) and you'll see a link to Start a New Thread.

You probably selected New Posts, which shows all of the latest posts for all of the forums. You need to be in a forum to open a new thread.

For the welded on numbers, that could be anything from a previous owner.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
There have been several instances of Airstreams being stolen. Perhaps this was someone's attempt to make the coach less of a theft target. You might want to take a picture of that and keep the picture with you just in case some thief does make off with your coach.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote