Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
Airstream #1 and excited

Rio Vista , California
New at this and need help

Hi I have just purchases my first Airstream and I'm extremely exited.How ever I'm not able to identify the year.I'm waiting on the paperwork from owner and he don't know what it is and how long it is.I have only the # on the plaque next to the door and it is 24D 0314 AND at the bottom of the plate there is a # E50 I will take a closer look I don't think the bottom # is correct.Can any one help id this trailer.I know it was made for a Mr and Mrs Price for there is a plaque under the Airstream plaque with their name on it.
Boesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boesman View Post
Hi I have just purchases my first Airstream and I'm extremely exited.How ever I'm not able to identify the year.I'm waiting on the paperwork from owner and he don't know what it is and how long it is.I have only the # on the plaque next to the door and it is 24D 0314 AND at the bottom of the plate there is a # E50 I will take a closer look I don't think the bottom # is correct.Can any one help id this trailer.I know it was made for a Mr and Mrs Price for there is a plaque under the Airstream plaque with their name on it.
I can better confirm the year from my office, but I think it's a 1960 24 foot Airstream.

Welcome to Airstreaming.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:05 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Is this your trailer: 24 foot Tradewind double bed (24D) - 1960 (0) - 314 production sequence.

60Tradewind3

Welcome to AirForums....
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Having a Airstream may just be most exiting thing that will ever happen to you friend!
...you will be a millionaire if it was owned by VINCENT PRICE. huh?
Old 09-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
Airstream #1 and excited

Rio Vista , California
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
I can better confirm the year from my office, but I think it's a 1960 24 foot Airstream.

Welcome to Airstreaming.

Andy
Sweet thanks for the reply.I know that I will be asking all sorts of questions.We are 3 friends that are buying Airstreams.I'm from South Africa and my 2 buddies are from Australia and we grew up wit caravanning and so we want to keep on the traditions of our parents.We all have one thing in common and that is that we don't like new and ultra fancy.Caravanning need to be wholesome and family fun and part of that is something that you and the family worked on and did together as a team.It just have more meaning and it give you a sens of accomplishment.Plus the fact that I love to polish aluminum to make it as shiny as one can.It has been a long week for we are getting the key and pink slip on Saturday and I can not sleep,it is going to drive me nuts.I will take pic's and send it so it make it easier to tel me what it is and were I can look for it's history.I hope it has a cool history.
I will post the pic's asap
Thanks for you response
Cheers
Boesman It means Bushman.
The South African Bushman are known for there long distance traveling.
Boesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boesman View Post
Sweet thanks for the reply.I know that I will be asking all sorts of questions.We are 3 friends that are buying Airstreams.I'm from South Africa and my 2 buddies are from Australia and we grew up wit caravanning and so we want to keep on the traditions of our parents.We all have one thing in common and that is that we don't like new and ultra fancy.Caravanning need to be wholesome and family fun and part of that is something that you and the family worked on and did together as a team.It just have more meaning and it give you a sens of accomplishment.Plus the fact that I love to polish aluminum to make it as shiny as one can.It has been a long week for we are getting the key and pink slip on Saturday and I can not sleep,it is going to drive me nuts.I will take pic's and send it so it make it easier to tel me what it is and were I can look for it's history.I hope it has a cool history.
I will post the pic's asap
Thanks for you response
Cheers
Boesman It means Bushman.
The South African Bushman are known for there long distance traveling.
I hope your long distance traveling, carries with it memories that last forever, for you, your companions and your families.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote