Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-08-2021, 08:04 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for the updates.

[Guessing my earlier guess was good . . . ]
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2021 16' Caravel
Smithville , Tn
Many dealers, including car dealerships, have loans on their inventory (called a floor plan) and once they get paid by, in your case, BOA, they can be slow in paying off their own loan on your trailer. That holds up your paperwork. The longer they keep BOA’s money without paying off the loan to the ‘floor plan’ the better for their monthly bottom line. That said, using BOA’s money for their monthly expenditures instead of paying off their loan on your trailer means they have to sell another trailer to get your paperwork moving. I’ve seen car dealers that were months behind and in a huge hole with their floorplans. They usually get away with this by using a factory year end bonus or quarterly factory volume sales bonus to catch up. That’s what it sounds like that dealer is doing. The squeaky wheel can get the grease in that scenario as they don’t want it getting out that they are floating their bank’s money.
Bhmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:30 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhmack View Post
. . .
. . . The squeaky wheel can get the grease . . .
. . .
Ditto.

Your entire post is well said IMO.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
I’ll say a couple things about that.
First of all I told the store Mgr. I hadn’t mentioned them publicly . . . yet.
If they Jack me around after saying they’d expedite my paperwork I’ll mention them by name.

Furthermore they are in Des Moines and they have been reported on numerous occasions to the better business bureau (23x in three years).
If you’re going to buy in Des Moines check check the reviews for the dealership.

Let’s see if they try to do the right thing.
Wondering if there is any update to your 4/8/21 post above?

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2021, 03:47 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Hoping you will have some good news this week.

Happy Trails.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:33 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
. . .
Any good news this week?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 04-22-2021, 02:39 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Schaumburg , Illinois
I am only offering this perspective to you so that you continue to keep your guard up and be cautious of what they tell you. More than 30 yrs ago, but relevant. I bought a brand new F150 from a local dealership, back then permanent plates (in Illinois) came to a buyer in the mail, weeks after the sale, and temp plates were good for about 90 days to account for various hiccups or delays. My permanent plates never arrived, the dealer went out of business in the interim (somewhat unexpected) and I had to dig through a royal mess to get the right help. Eventually, someone at the dmv was able to confirm that the dealer in question had many similar customer complaints, and it appeared (after the fact) they never paid state taxes and state license fees into the state of IL agencies, even though they had collected them from me at time of sale. Because so many cases accumulated from this dealership, I didn’t have to provided any further background, and the dmv went ahead and issued my plates. It was a financed purchase, I don’t know if or how this might have affected the title because it was many years later I finally paid it off. Continue to be skeptical and cautious until you get what you need, in your hands.
1StreamDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:39 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
. . .

Your last post was 17 days ago, is everything OK?