Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #1

1976 29' Ambassador
Blythewood , South Carolina
Clean Title ???

Hey Gang,

My daughter and Son in Law bought a used 1976 overlander (I think) with the idea of remodeling to live in while they also remodel and flip homes.
Great idea if you're 20 something

The title they received was not in the name of the person who they bought the camper from. I think it was the son of the person on the title. Anyway. How can we get a clean title. They have the camper and title in their possession and a bill of sale.

Daughter Bought camper in Georgia, lives in SC if that helps???

David
Dp00le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Camas , Washington
does the person they bought from have power of attorney? with that should not be a problem
Pams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Excella 500
Charlevoix , Michigan
I went through a similar process when buying my AS. The person I bought it from never transferred the title from the previous owner into their name, so I had to track down that previous owner and get their power of attorney to transfer the title to the person I bought it from so they could legally transfer the title to me. Pain in the rear, but doable.
trekerboy is offline   Reply With Quote