Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Insurance & Claims
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Denver , Colorado
Where to get a repair quote?

Hi, my '72 trailer recently suffered some damage in a windstorm. I've got a broken window, damage to several panels and the trailer frame.

Our homeowner's insurance is covering it as part of our overall claim (fallen trees, broken fences etc.). They are requesting an estimate for the repair of the airstream.

Does anyone know of a company or individual business I can send photos to in order to get an estimate for the work? Thanks!
pbeseda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:38 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

One approach would be to send as many pictures as possible to Jackson Center and let Airstream quote the repair costs. A "fair" cost would also include hauling it out to them and back. Due to the "sparse" nature of AS repair outfits, you will have hauling costs no matter who you go with. Since AS is the source of the panels (and some other parts like frame elements) they will be involved at some level, no matter what you do.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Denver , Colorado
Thanks Bob, good ideas!
Old 12-04-2019, 03:21 PM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The gotcha is that the "book value" on your trailer is likely very small. The same problem applies to older boats and classic cars. The "average example" on something > 20 years old is in very poor shape. Net result is that they will total the vehicle and write you a check for a very small amount (compared to the price of the repairs) ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 23' FB International
Woodstock , Ontario
If you are going all the way to Jackson Center, then P&S Trailer Service in Helena Ohio is a good place to check pricing
They handle a lot of older trailers.
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Miami , Florida
another approach not using jackson center

I can't quarrel with Uncle Bob's approach if you aren't getting the work done, or are getting it done by Airstream in JC.

However, when this happened to me I used the forum to find a great Airstream dealer/body shop in my home state of Florida: Sanders RV. I sent the pictures to them and they worked with the insurance company, which knew them. They ultimately did great work. This is by way of suggesting that if you are based in Colorado and trust a dealer there you might send them the pictures and get their estimate if they are going to be doing the work. Good luck!
fotoman1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:56 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Airstream Trailer Repair in Denver Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeseda View Post
Hi, my '72 trailer recently suffered some damage in a windstorm. I've got a broken window, damage to several panels and the trailer frame.

Our homeowner's insurance is covering it as part of our overall claim (fallen trees, broken fences etc.). They are requesting an estimate for the repair of the airstream.

Does anyone know of a company or individual business I can send photos to in order to get an estimate for the work? Thanks!

Our Airstream was severely damaged in the Hail Storms last year. I highly recommend:

Timeless Travel Trailers, LLC
12250 W 52nd Ave
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
P 720-763-9894

Timeless Travel Trailers are airstream experts. They were able to provide an estimate for our Insurance Company. ( P.S. They are one of the few up fitters that are authorized to purchase Airstream Empty Shells directly from Airstream.)

They replaced many of the curved panels on our Airstream. And also did some significant upgrades for us. They have a great warrantee, and great to work with. Give them a call

Regards
Alan M.
amaier7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Denver , Colorado
Y'all are awesome. Thanks for the recommendations. I am checking with Vintage Trailer Company in Denver, as well as Timeless Travel Trailers.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #9
demijac

2014 27' FB Classic
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to demijac
Second the motion for Timeless Travel Trailers

Should be very convenient for you if you live in the Denver area. They helped us negotiate with our insurance company for a very big repair which was a great help. And, they did a great job with the repair as well. You won't find more knowledgeable Airstream folks (both vintage and modern). Good luck!
demijac is offline   Reply With Quote