Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Insurance & Claims
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2021, 04:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Transfer of warranty

My understanding is AS has a three yr warrant that is tranferabe, is it from purchase date? Do you file paperwork with AS or just tracked by vin regardless of owner?
Drtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
This is how it was for me, don't know current situation. My warranty could be transferred after a dealer inspection and payment of a fee. The warranty ended at the point from the original new sale.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:13 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
More research led to a dismal outcome, warranty only covers fit and finish and will not cover any items found during the inspection for new owner. Not sure if it is worth anything at that point
Drtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:09 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I tend to agree. I had one year remaining on my warranty, tried to make a claim for roof caulking and was told that was wear and tear, no coverage. I had no issues that could be claimed under the warranty.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:57 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Several years ago I purchased a one year old 23FB. I paid a $200 fee to transfer the Airstream Warranty. A short time later the air conditioner compressor went out. I thought that I was covered but came to find that the Airstream warranty does not cover the Dometic appliances. The Dometic warranty does NOT transfer to a new owner. I had to bear the entire cost of the new air conditioning unit.

This brings up another issue that I have been thinking about. With the new Airstream three year warranty, did Dometic increase their warranty period to three years???

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 02:02 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' International
spring , Texas
what was the cost of that AC repair?
swed02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:06 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Interesting. I just got a 2021 GT and want to make sure I file the paperwork for the warranty transfer. I know that the warranty for any appliances does not transfer, but I thought anything else related to what Airstream built would. For example, if there was some defect that lead to frame separation, that would be covered. Not sure if this would transfer to things like defects with the Dexter axels for example.

I would also point out I had some issues with my Nova Kool refrigerator when I first bought my 25' GT. I called Nova Kool and explained the issue and that I was not the original owner. The support person said "no worries, we will not leave you hanging" and spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone working the issue and even sent me replacement parts for no charge. Do not expect that kind of excellent service from Dometic or some of the other appliance suppliers.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 01:12 PM   #8

2021 Interstate 24GL
Petersburg , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post
Interesting. I just got a 2021 GT and want to make sure I file the paperwork for the warranty transfer. I know that the warranty for any appliances does not transfer, but I thought anything else related to what Airstream built would. For example, if there was some defect that lead to frame separation, that would be covered. Not sure if this would transfer to things like defects with the Dexter axels for example.

I would also point out I had some issues with my Nova Kool refrigerator when I first bought my 25' GT. I called Nova Kool and explained the issue and that I was not the original owner. The support person said "no worries, we will not leave you hanging" and spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone working the issue and even sent me replacement parts for no charge. Do not expect that kind of excellent service from Dometic or some of the other appliance suppliers.
We just purchased a 2021 AI 24GL 4X4 and attempting to transfer the remaining Airstream warranty. I have filled out the 'Warranty Transfer Form' and apparently need to mail the completed form as there is not an option to email a scan or fax a copy.
It was my understanding that the warranty is transferable, but after reading some of the comments on this thread, apparently not guaranteed that the warranty is transferable and if so an additional fee may be involved.
DandTnAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 02:30 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2023 28' International
Mercer County , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
This brings up another issue that I have been thinking about. With the new Airstream three year warranty, did Dometic increase their warranty period to three years???
The AS warranty is separate from the appliance warranties. The AS 3 year warranty covers the trailer structure and parts produced by AS. Most other major components (refrigerators, A/C units, stoves, stereos, etc...) are covered only for the duration of the individual manufacturer's warranty
jeffb831 is offline   Reply With Quote