Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Southern Pines , North Carolina
Questions about insurance and roadside coverage

Hi all. Background first and then my questions next paragraph. I live in NC and have been an airstream owner 3 years but have never posted a question to the forum. I still feel like somewhat of a newbie as we have taken just a handful of trips yearly. My wife and I have the goal of getting our family out on the road and seeing the country (kids age 7, 10, 12). They have been somewhat hot and cold as to our airstream adventures, which we are working on.

Insurance question: I have a 2014 25' FB International and have insurance through Progressive. For comprehensive/collision (deductible $125) my annual premium is $602.00. Is that a good price? Any suggestions on better value or adjustment of type of coverage?

Roadside assistance coverage: My understanding is that my Progressive policy provides some amount of roadside assistance. I have AAA for my truck (but not Airstream). When I purchased, I had 2 years of Coach-Net but I didn't renew it. Do most folks carry supplemental roadside coverage such as Coach-Net? Any particular suggestions? I am wondering if I am being naïve by just relying on my insurance company roadside assistance.

Thanks for any input on this, and thanks to all the experts who are so generous with their experience and knowledge on Air Forums.

-Paul J
sopines5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Insurance premium seams very reasonable as it varies in all States. AAA has an RV addition to your membership that will be there for roadside assistance like towing, flat tire etc.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Regular roadside assistance will only cover the tow vehicle. Good Sam used to, not sure if they still do. AAA has a trailer rider.