Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Insurance & Claims
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Riverview , Florida
Insurgence quotes help!

Hello!have pick up are 30fb bunk and are currently shopping insurance. After taking to the dealer and having looked on multiple post. I think this is a little high and would love to have some feedback on it. Or if this is even the correct route for coverage. This was through progressive.

Vehicle:
2019 30’ Airstream Flying Cloud 30FB
Purchase price new @ $85,001-90,000 (including sales tax)

Coverage:
$ 250,000 – Vacation/Campsite Premises Liability
Towing & Roadside Assistance (reasonable expense)
$ 1,000 – Comprehensive Deductible
$ 1,000 – Collision Deductible
Disappearing Deductibles (25% deductible credit per claim free year)
Total Loss “Replacement Cost” Coverage
$ 750 – Emergency Expense Coverage
$ 2,000 – Personal Effects (replacement basis)

Premium: $ 1,208.00 per year (on above package)
$ 1,458.00 per year (with $500 deductibles)
$ 1,715.00 per year (with $250 deductibles
Squirestrhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Well, I am paying a bit over $800, with 1k deductible for agreed value of $55k for a 2007 classic (with many upgrades), so I dont think that's out of line.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Insurgence quotes help!

If you’re not working with a local broker/agent, I highly recommend it. I work in the industry (not on the underwriting side) and it is a mystery - further complicated by each state’s different rules/regulations and pricing structures. There are too many x-factors to tell you if the proposed rate is reasonable or not. Best advice I can give - work with a broker who can represent multiple carriers, understands each carrier’s claim philosophy (when it really matters) and will be your advocate through the maze.

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
If you’re not working with a local broker/agent, I highly recommend it. I work in the industry (not on the underwriting side) and it is a mystery - further complicated by each state’s different rules/regulations and pricing structures. There are too many x-factors to tell you if the proposed rate is reasonable or not. Best advice I can give - work with a broker who can represent multiple carriers, understands each carrier’s claim philosophy (when it really matters) and will be your advocate through the maze.

Good luck!
True, until the unit gets to be too old for replacement value. Then you have to shop great distances for agreed value. Not many carriers participate in that risk pool.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote