Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #241
Rivet Master

2020 30' Classic
Derwood , Maryland
I would think at minimal the axels might need to be replaced - if the wood has dried out and aluminum isn't corroding.....

I would be a bit scared to purchase such a unit without a tear down to inspect and repair any issues - then again I'm kinda a wimp...
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 AM   #242
1 Rivet Member

arlington , Texas
This is great news. We made great efforts to detail the condition of these trailers. If people purchased them with the full knowledge of the damage and potential bio hazards then they will have no one but themselves to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayL82 View Post
Although Ebay emailed me and says that they are investigating the matter, I doubt anything will be done. I guess ethics in American business is dead.

Here is the response I received from the Utah RV place that is selling the "lightly watered" Airstreams:

You know we had 10 total trailers out of this deal. They are all gone but one. I have been so tickled with the sales of the trailers I wish I had another 100. The people buying them have been happier. I am so tickled the stir you are making on the web discussion forum. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP TALKING ABOUT THEM!!! You have helped me so much the more you talk the better my response. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! Oh by the way feel free to call. I would love to thank you in person. You know what they say in Hollywood their is no such thing as bad publicity.

Thanks, Darren 801-392-2400

I guess he's tickled. Too bad he can't spell to save his life.
landp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #243
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by landp View Post
This is great news. We made great efforts to detail the condition of these trailers. If people purchased them with the full knowledge of the damage and potential bio hazards then they will have no one but themselves to blame.
At the end of the year, when that thread pops up for the "weird post of the year," somebody remind me of this thread, plleeeeezze?!

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #244
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
OK.....time is up

Time is up! It has been long enough for results to be published. Anyone here with one of the flood casualties willing to give an update of life with an Airstream after the flood. So many grim predictions and some not so bad. Or....have the flood Airstreams been carefully sold and resold to the unknowing?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #245
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Time is up! It has been long enough for results to be published. Anyone here with one of the flood casualties willing to give an update of life with an Airstream after the flood. So many grim predictions and some not so bad. Or....have the flood Airstreams been carefully sold and resold to the unknowing?
Maybe they can't respond because of the nerve damage they have suffered.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #246
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Doesn't add much to the conversation, but FYI....

I stopped by that Camping World last November looking for a couple of parts. They are still in business, but are no longer carrying the Airstream line of products. Lots of other expensive stuff, just not Airstream.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote