Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
McMinnville , Oregon
FCIS insurance

FCIS Insurance
Has anyone used these guys for insurance? They gave me a good quote for agreed upon value but I don't really know anything about them.
Thank you in advance for your thought and insightful responses. Cameron
curnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I have used them for about 4 years. I have agreed value with them. It is actually underwritten by Nationwide. I've never had a claim on this policy, so I can't tell you anything about that. I will tell you that the rates go up as the agreed value and actual cash value separate further and further each year. They have yet to ask me for a revised appraisal.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
I went with FCIS as no one would write agreed value for my vintage AS and the premium is very reasonable. The ins co. that I have been with for many yrs. would not do agreed value even tho I have multiple policies with them. The appraisal was done by AS dealer and no hassle by FCIS. Bill
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
We switched to FCIS when our 2013 25FB was one year old. They wrote a policy with Progressive. The policy says in the event of the trailer being totaled, they will pay to replace it with a brand-new version of the equivalent model trailer. This clause only applies until the trailer is five years old.

We have not made a claim.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Checked my notes. My last quote from them was about 50% over my current Progressive policy using my Mississippi address. When I ran it using the NC property address it was quite a bit less. Too many veritables to compare companies and polices from one part of the country to another.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:41 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
I neglected to say Ins. with FCIS is with progressive. My friend is Ind. Ins. agent could not get rate with progressive as low as FCIS
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:03 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
My Progessive policy is linked thru the AARP. 20% less than going directly thru Progressive.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote