Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #21
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Sorry to see you bought the "insurance". As a general rule never buy extended insurance. By the time the warranty runs out you should have had most things fixed anyway. Our Airstream was poorly built with cheap parts, but by the time we were on our own, most things were fixed and I could keep up with the things that broke over time. Keep after these guys and if the insurance company does not respond, go back to the dealer and tell them they steered you to the wrong company (negligent referral) and they should make good on it. They will absolutely love to hear from you. you could tell them you trusted them and you are sure the dealer doesn't want to bad reputation; after all, you are here to help the dealer keep a good reputation. They won't believe you, but it may smooth the way if you phrase it as if you are helping them. The dealer gets a big chunk of that premium and they don't want to give it back. You can also file a complaint with the state's insurance commissioner. Insurance commissioners are often not very good at protecting customers, but that's their job and another way to keep after the insurance company.

Let us know how it works out. I am sure you are hardly the only one wanting to get your money back.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Summerfield , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Sorry to see you bought the "insurance". As a general rule never buy extended insurance. By the time the warranty runs out you should have had most things fixed anyway. Our Airstream was poorly built with cheap parts, but by the time we were on our own, most things were fixed and I could keep up with the things that broke over time. Keep after these guys and if the insurance company does not respond, go back to the dealer and tell them they steered you to the wrong company (negligent referral) and they should make good on it. They will absolutely love to hear from you. you could tell them you trusted them and you are sure the dealer doesn't want to bad reputation; after all, you are here to help the dealer keep a good reputation. They won't believe you, but it may smooth the way if you phrase it as if you are helping them. The dealer gets a big chunk of that premium and they don't want to give it back. You can also file a complaint with the state's insurance commissioner. Insurance commissioners are often not very good at protecting customers, but that's their job and another way to keep after the insurance company.

Let us know how it works out. I am sure you are hardly the only one wanting to get your money back.
Thanks Gene for your excellent and detailed recommendations. All noted for future use as needed. As per my entry above, I'll wait two weeks to see if I receive a Reply from the President of Orlando RV One. If no answer, I'll drop in on the Dealership on a mid week, mid morning unannounced visit to see the President about my letter and request. FYI. Orlando RV One has 20 customer Complaints on file. Below is one of them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Complaint Type: Problems with Product/Service
06/28/2019
Pushed into a service contract for our camper, which we backed out of the following day and asked for refund. We purchased a 2019 Montana fifth wheel from this dealership and was talked into a extended warranty. We went home that evening and decided we didn't want the extended warranty which we emailed and called dealer to cancel. they said we would have to fill out paperwork as they couldn't change the contract for funding. This was a weekend and the contract was still in their possession at this time which we feel could of been redone and resigned without sending in any cancellation paperwork which we did. Called and emailed them several times about the check only to be told it was sent out on May 31st. It is now June 26th and the check is nowhere to be found. *o I have contacted Mark *, one of the owners only to have the finance guy say it's in the mail. Again I have contacted them several times and let voice messages to which they haven't replied. Also brought in a customer the next weekend after our purchase and they purchased with the promise of a finders fee to me to which I haven't received either.

Desired Outcome
Would like our refund check of appx $6,300.00. Stop talking in circles.
Orlando RV Response

06/29/2019
The check was already issued on this cancellation . Melissa from accounting spoke to our customer directly last Friday. Bank stated they never received check , we placed a stop-pay on the first check and issued a 2nd check last week which was sent FEDEX the bank. We have been in contact with the bank, as well."
__________________________________________________ __________________

I'll keep you posted!
Pubtym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtym View Post
Nearing the end of my first year of AS warranty, I began review the details of this extended warranty that I fell for($5578) as part of my "Buyer's Package". Reading closer, I saw the numerous restrictions and exceptions to the contract. My opinion: Worthless at a cost of ($5578). Contract said "Cancel anytime and receive a prorated adjusted refund." Called First Extended Service Corporation. Connected with a phone tree extension at least 1 Mile high. Then a reply, "Please leave your number and we'll call you back. Heard that before!

Dealer never told me about the First Extended Service Corporation Customer Cancellation Form.

I researched online consumer complaints about the Company and the Chicago BBB filed complaints.

Found First Extended Service Corporation Cancellation Form online. Surprise!. Filled it out and mailed it to the President of Orlando RV One. Asked his assistance with the cancellation refund.

We'll keep Ya Posted
Sene em more money....
tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Summerfield , Florida
Send me your money!
Old 01-06-2020, 12:33 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Summerfield , Florida
Thumbs up Success

Long story short: Will receive full refund $5578 in 60-90 days! RV One had already change their extended service contract from First Extended Service Corporation to "Easy Care". Recommendations: Motor Trend. Better Business Bureau, RV Industry, and RVDA.

www.easycare.com/RV
Old 01-16-2020, 11:40 AM   #26
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Until you receive a check and deposit it and it does not bounce, success is not yours yet. This can be an ugly process or can go well. More steps to go through and I hope you get your money back. I also hope your trailer does not break down or have problems.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:51 AM   #27

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Extended warranty refund

Anyone ever go down this path and have some insight?
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote