Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Insurance & Claims
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2023, 06:26 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Question [Coach-net] New England Streamers... an inquiry

We have had Coach-net since 2019 when we bought the trailer. We have not had to use it thankfully and really no issues with it thus far. We are up for renewal the first week in April. Across multiple platforms we have read both good and bad stories about the service and like everything else, there will always be both sides to that coin no matter the provider.... that is understood.

With that, in Rhode Island, we inquired with AAA to see if they had AAA RV service plan like Coach-net and said it isn't offered in our state (of course, RI, the biggest little corrupt state in the union....for those that remember the original jingle).

When we had a flat in PA, the tow operator said that AAA RV vs AAA Auto had to be used while towing, which we were not aware then. Because we were towing and didn't have AAA RV that they wouldn't repair the flat on the Yukon...…which had us scratching our heads. We disconnected the trailer and he did help us out by patching the tire and he got us on our way... we are not sure why AAA has some issue in RI whatever that may be...legal....who knows.

So my question is: For those in Rhode Island and/or New England, what services are you using? Is it the only service you found that is operational in this area? I'm thinking there are other avenues and I will admit I haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet, so I'm hoping someone can provide a pointer on a possible alternative...and if possible, did you have to use the service and how did that experience go?

With the renewal date closing in fast, any insight would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote