Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Excella 500
Calgary , Alberta
Agreed Value insurance in Canada

Hello more enlightened people.
We have just finished the Reno of our 73 Excella and have an appraisal. My problem is finding an insurance company to get a policy for agreed value in Canada. I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. My agent is looking at adding it to our home policy but for less than the appraised value. Please help I hope to be on the road next week.

DaK
DaKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I have no idea how insurance is done in Canada. In the US, it is regulated at the state level. If by some chance that sort of idea also applies in Canada, you need to find an outfit that does in in Alberta .....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
No specific info to offer about Canada, but my best advice is to shop several brokers. If your current agent can't get it done for you, dangle your entire insurance portfolio (or at least a significant portion of it) in front of any insurance broker that can get you the coverage you need.

Brokers work with multiple companies, though not everyone works with a company who can write an agreed value policy. Sweetening the deal by bringing along other coverages is likely to make the brokers more responsive.

I contacted five separate agents, three responded, one found agreed value coverage for me.
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:06 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
Agreed Value Insurer in Canada?

Looking for an insurance company that will insure Airstreams in the Province of Ontario for Agreed Value or full replacement cost. US insurance will not cover Canadian resident's trailers and insurance in Canada is regulated by Province so there is not a lot of options.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:52 AM   #5
Prairie Schooner II

2012 30' International
1997 25' Safari
1967 20' Globetrotter
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPPPIN View Post
Looking for an insurance company that will insure Airstreams in the Province of Ontario for Agreed Value or full replacement cost. US insurance will not cover Canadian resident's trailers and insurance in Canada is regulated by Province so there is not a lot of options.

I use
Wayfarer Insurance Group
Insurance broker Beaverton, ON
They have been ok, just hard to contact.
Jim