Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #61
PVStreamer

2005 28' International CCD
Scottsdale , Arizona
Would anyone please comment on the effect for value if ROAD DINGS on the shields and the body above the shields of an Airstream (2005 CCD 28')?
PVStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #62
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Assuming they are the small dimply dings that come from kicked up small rocks, the value impact is minor to negligible.. If any are actual holes, or tears, or large (2-6" depressions) then those might be worth a discount... The shields are designed and intended to take hits...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #63
1 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
quincy , Ohio
ok people, I need advice. i'm looking at a 1998 safari 25'. they are asking $16000 and my search through the NADA isn't all that helpful. it says new price was around $28000 and retail to be a little over $5000. based on that retail value my financial institution probably wont loan the askng amount. the one i'm looking at is from original owners and has always been serviced at the Jackson center plant, is all original, everything works, and is in excellent shape. from all my searching the asking price seems to be inline with year and condition. so is the NADA original price what a lender would use or are they going to use the retail price?
quincy799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #64
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
NADA original new price was the Manufactured Sugested Retail Price (MSRP) when the unit was for sale in the dealership as brand new.

There will be other values listed such as trade in or Low retail or high retail. All of these numbers are based on surveyed sales or in many cases an algorithim based on what is happening in the market place. In my opinion is is a good place to start and not necessarily actual market place value of any given unit.

When using the guide make sure to enter all of the features of the trailer. It can significantly alter the value.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 02-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #65

Hi... Am actively looking for an Airstream, and see all manner of asking prices!? How does one find all of the equipment that comes standard with each model so as to get an accurate price using NADA? How are people coming up with the prices they are asking?

Thank u!
djvl
sat 21 feb
djvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #66

How do you find the features for each model?
Thank u,
djvl
sat 21 feb
Old 02-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #67
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog0525 View Post
Airstreams up to 20 years old (NADA guide)
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVHome.asp...wPr=0&wPg=2005
(includes motor homes)

Vintage Airstream trailers (25 or more years old):
Price vs. Condition - Vintage Airstream

These are guides only and not intended as a definitive source for value on all used Airstream RV's.
Up to 20, and the other part is 25 or more? Is that a typo, or in other words, what about 21 to 24 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Minya,
FWIW the "guides" are a bit dated for the older trailers. I watch Ebay...but the prices on there are really skewed, I watch RVtrader.com and RVtraderonline.com as well as surfing Dealer websites. The shorter trailers command a more premium price than the longer ones and as more and more baby boomers become aware the price and availablity of Airstreams is changing. If you don't mind my asking...how much is Bates asking for the AS?

Aaron
I watch ebaY for a few things too, but of course, you really need to see what things sold for, and unless you are looking at the entire progression of a sale, you never see the closing price, do you?

At least, that's what it looks like to me. The other part is that once an item for sale closes, there is precious little info except for the "headlines".

But maybe it's different for the auto/vehicle section.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:49 AM   #68
Trying to run away.....

Currently Looking...
Hampton , Virginia
RV Prices, Values & Reviews - NADAguides
HeavyAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:40 AM   #69

and how do you find the list of features for each model?
dara
sun, 22 feb
Old 02-22-2015, 05:49 AM   #70
Trying to run away.....

Currently Looking...
Hampton , Virginia
Do you mean the AS factory options? Or the listed options thru NADA?
HeavyAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #71

Hi... Thank you for writing... i mean AS factory options, and have found them! Went to Airstream.com and under the 'service' tab, there is a selection 'archives'... From there you can see spec lists for lots of AS units over the years... The time it would take though, to find the appropriate list in this archive, and then select all of the items on the NADA list would be time consuming to say the least! Additionally, i have found out already that virtually all of those listed for sale now have had changes and upgrades made to them, thus making the process of selecting appropriate items on the NADA list virtually impossible?! whew...

One AS owner (looking to sell his) shared that pricing is largely a matter of familiarity with them as well as what people have been paying for them... What do you think? With little knowledge about them, it is challenging for me to know whether an asking price is reasonable, way high, or ???

Thank u again for writing...

dara
warren, vt
Old 05-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveGreers View Post
Like all of us newbies that learn from these boards, I truly appreciate all the information that you all share. It truly is a great help! I'll keep you all posted! Hum...wonder if I should put the pop up UP for sale?!?!?!
Ditto, and often when you answer one persons iquiry, more than one newbie benefits

Thanks,
Bonnie
BKuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #73
1 Rivet Member

Lakewood , Colorado
NADA Values vs. Asking price

I've recently begun researching purchasing an Airstream. Although I understand that they hold their value, I'm honestly surprised at the disparity of what NADA will lists for value and what people are asking for (mainly on this site). Most of the ones I'm interested are 2-3 times what NADA value is.

Is this true across the board? Are there other sites where the prices are a little bit more in line with NADA value? The trailers I'm looking at aren't that old (7-10 years) so it's not like they've had a full frame-off restoration.

I'm pretty new in the world of Airstream, so any input is appreciated.
kyleice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 06:50 PM   #74
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Crystal River , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleice View Post
Are there other sites where the prices are a little bit more in line with NADA value?
I've bought and sold a few RVs in my time and have usually done well. I've used the public NADA valuations to guide my purchases and sales and have found it to be highly accurate. And then I ran into Airstreams. I can only speak of my experience with my model. 1999 Safari 25. NADA $3,900 to $4,680. Not even the Craigslist scammers have them priced in that range. I found a couple priced in the mid teens but couldn't get a response from the sellers. One has now reappeared, same price, same photo, different write up and different area of the country, so I have that marked as scam. I did see someone a year or so ago, in this thread, considering a similar unit @ $16K and though it was reasonable. I saw a dealer ad on this site for a nice looking unit @ $16.5K, sold. The few private parties where I could contact a person were priced around $20K ( I usually deal with the lower end pricing, but that just my nitch). Most of the units on rvtrader were price in the mid to upper $20K range with the outliers priced mid to upper $30K range.

With that information I concluded that, unlike most RVs I've dealt with, NADA was just wrong on this unit, for whatever reason. I paid considerably more for my unit than NADA suggested for a full bore dealer retail in good condition. My unit needs attention and I'll put a couple grand into getting it into travel shape. I'm perfectly happy with the price I paid.
brokeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #75
1 Rivet Member

1998 34' Excella 1000
Monroe , Michigan
HELP.... Looking for a suggested sale price for a 1988, Squarestream. Rear, queen bed, all appliances, and systems working. No leaks. New flooring, wall surface, in bedroom...done in 2014. Bathroom floor and ceramic toilet added in 2015.
Mkbraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:50 AM   #76

Waverly , Georgia
Value question.

Hello guys. New to the site. I have always wanted a used Airstream to renovate....probably just like everyone else. Looking at a 1965 Overlander 26'. Exterior is in fair condition minus some key doors and / or hardware and bad buffing techniques resulting in some substantial scratching. Interior is completely gutted with the belly pan missing, frame sold but rusted. Running gear intact but in need of replacement / upgrading. This has project gone wrong repeatedly written all over it but the shell is pretty good like I said. I have tried to find price comps but it appears that everyone with a "shell" is wanting 5k and up? Is this because "flippers" are driving up the price? Are people actually getting these prices? I have watched a few on Ebay and I noticed a couple appear to have been "purchased" by the same people and a very high, in my opinion, price. Is it possible to "cheat" Ebay?

Thanks.
jweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:39 AM   #77
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
When we bought ours the PO didn't have it hooked up to prove that anything worked even though he claimed everything did. Prior to going to see it I did some price checking for making repairs. My last line of work was as a stationary engineer at a hospital, so nothing about RV repair is beyond my scope. It very obviously needed work, but the co-pilot loved it. Fixing it would cost less than a new plain white box, so we bought it. Making the repairs we realized it was a bit small for us to full time in, plus we had a huge change of plans, so now it is up for sale. On the surface it could look like I'm flipping it, but if that were true I'd fix the dents and pretty up the inside more. As is, it is camp worthy, and the age of the appliances allows for gradual replacements if necessary.

After having worked on it, I don't think anyone other than the vintage for $20k and up sellers are actually flipping them.
nrgtrakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #78

Vandalia , Ohio
1973 Land yacht overlander

Hello y'all, my boyfriend and I are looking into a 1973 land yacht Overlander in nice condition. The outside has no rust the inside looks great. The lights work. The pipes have a small hole in them and the water pressure adapter needs to be installed. Other then a few cosmetic details it seems nice. The seller is asking 8,500. My question is, is that a fair price? We haven't been in the market for an airstream long and are very new to this. We know little to nothing about airstreams but we'd like to make it our tiny home and live on some land our family owns. Please voice any experience you have in this area. Thank you!
Airstream73g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #79
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
First of all, welcome to the forums.

For $8500 everything needs to be in good working order. All electric (converter for 12v, lights, 110v outlets), fridge, tanks, water (plumbing)....everything mechanical. Were any of these things on and working when you looked at it? It will need axles, if they haven't already been replaced and probably tires. How's the wooden subfloor? Has any restoration work been done to date?

This is the same trailer we have. It's been completely rebuilt except for the gas lines and water heater. We'll have about $14,000 total in it when we finally finish it. (If we ever do )

There are several threads here concerning inspecting a prospective purchase. I'll see if I can one of 'em for you.

Good luck.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #80
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Here's one: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f349...des-19206.html

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427