Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Petaluma , California
Thoughts on Revolution RV?

I'm shopping for a new old stock Airstream (a 2007) and found one at Revolution RV in Santee, CA for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. I found a couple of references to questionable service work but I'm looking at simply purchasing from this out-of-the-area dealer, not having anything beyond PDI work done there.

Any thoughts or considerations on buying from a dealer who won't be your servicing dealer and anything else to look out for with Revolution RV?

Thanks!

Aron
Old 02-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
I can't think of a dealership service Dept. I'd go to. Living in So Cal we have two Authorized Airstream Service Centers. C&G in Bellflower and Inland RV in I think Chino. Niether sells trailers. They only do service work. C&G has done my warranty and mofications and did an A-1 job.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
I can't think of a dealership service Dept. I'd go to. Living in So Cal we have two Authorized Airstream Service Centers. C&G in Bellflower and Inland RV in I think Chino. Niether sells trailers. They only do service work. C&G has done my warranty and mofications and did an A-1 job.
We are in Corona, not Chino.

Andy
Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by AronS
I'm shopping for a new old stock Airstream (a 2007) and found one at Revolution RV in Santee, CA for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. I found a couple of references to questionable service work but I'm looking at simply purchasing from this out-of-the-area dealer, not having anything beyond PDI work done there.

Any thoughts or considerations on buying from a dealer who won't be your servicing dealer and anything else to look out for with Revolution RV?

Thanks!

Aron
You almost need to deal with them on a " here is 90% down on the rig and you get the remaining 10% when the PDIs or any other work is satisfactorily completed and done on time.

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In
We are in Corona, not Chino.

Andy
Oops, Got it wrong again. Sorry Andy.

I guess I'm the last one to know. I was on Airstream Incs. website and realized Inland RV is an authorized Airstream Service Center.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Special ordered a 25 Safari from Revolution with all the bells and whistle plus some dealer installed options. Never any problems. They have a Yuma delivery plan for out of state buyers.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #7

Santee , California
Revolution RV is bad news!

Stay away from Revolution RV.

I recently purchased a new trailer from Revolution RV in Santee on February 2nd. At the time of purchase, I was told that the trailer would be ready within "a week and a half". The dealer supposedly wants to inspect the trailer and all - even though it's brand new. I called the dealer last Friday and they said that the trailer was at the service center and was about to be inspected and prepared. Well, I called the service center today to check the status and now they tell me that the trailer still hasn't been moved to the service center! I then called the sale manager and he said he'd look into the problem and get back to me. It's now almost 5:00 and he hasn't called back. This is the not first time this dealership said they'd call me back... I may have to threaten legal action if I don't get my trailer soon. I certainly won't be buying from Revolution RV ever again!

I called the service department today and the airhead that answered the phone couldn't tell me the status of my trailer. She actually said "we have lots of trailers up here in our service center". I demanded to speak to her boss. Her boss said he'd talk to HIS boss and call me back in 5 minutes. It's now been 45 minutes and no call back. The bank fully funded my trailer and Revolution RV is continuing to jerk me around!

Stay away from them. As another poster said, get a delivery date IN WRITING and don't pay the full balance until you actually hitch the trailer up to your truck!

Revolution RV @ Pissed Consumer

Quote:

Thanks!

Aron
Old 02-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink619

I recently purchased a new trailer from Revolution RV in Santee on February 2nd. At the time of purchase, I was told that the trailer would be ready within "a week and a half". The dealer supposedly wants to inspect the trailer and all - even though it's brand new. I called the dealer last Friday and they said that the trailer was at the service center and was about to be inspected and prepared. Well, I called the service center today to check the status and now they tell me that the trailer still hasn't been moved to the service center! I then called the sale manager and he said he'd look into the problem and get back to me. It's now almost 5:00 and he hasn't called back. This is the not first time this dealership said they'd call me back... I may have to threaten legal action if I don't get my trailer soon. I certainly won't be buying from Revolution RV ever again!

I called the service department today and the airhead that answered the phone couldn't tell me the status of my trailer. She actually said "we have lots of trailers up here in our service center". I demanded to speak to her boss. Her boss said he'd talk to HIS boss and call me back in 5 minutes. It's now been 45 minutes and no call back. The bank fully funded my trailer and Revolution RV is continuing to jerk me around!

Stay away from them. As another poster said, get a delivery date IN WRITING and don't pay the full balance until you actually hitch the trailer up to your truck!

Airstream holds their dealers and service centers, to high standards.

Should one fail you, you can write the factory and let them know what the problems were.

Or you can call them, and let them know.

Making a post on "consumer pissed," is OK, I guess, but those posts will never get the attention of the factory.

I understand, under California law, that if delivery has not been made as promised, that the deal can be nullified, and the full purchase price refunded.

Andy
Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Petaluma , California
Revolution RV Update

Thanks for the tips/feedback. Late yesterday afternoon I struck a deal over the phone with the salesperson with whom I had been working. I know my deal is very low margin for them (it's on a 2007 model) so I reluctantly agreed to the $700 PDI. I know, I know.... What's funny is that when I was talking to the salesperson he made it sound like I would need to come down this weekend (and it's a 500 mile drive each way for me, takes a little scheduling) or I might not get it. I wrote up in my offer a deposit that would ensure that I would get the trailer the following weekend and he reluctantly agreed.

So, after coming to that agreement, he calls me back to tell me that he hopes service can do the PDI in time for next weekend, it might be another week before they can do it. I tried calling Tricia in their servicing department who schedules the service and PDI work and it goes to her voice mail and it says that her mailbox is full and she can't take any more messages. Nice. So, I'm only committed for a $1k deposit which I will get back if they can't complete on time and I choose not to work with them. Pretty interesting outfit. Assuming I can get the coach sometime in the next couple of weeks it's a good deal but I don't think I'd want to conduct much other business with them.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I would like to post a reminder here of the Community Policies we all agreed to when we became members of AirForums:
Quote:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes:
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
Please keep specific dealer/vendor disputes off-line. Thanks!

On behalf of the entire Moderator Staff ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 02-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Mill Valley , California
Quote:
Thanks for the tips/feedback. Late yesterday afternoon I struck a deal over the phone with the salesperson with whom I had been working. I know my deal is very low margin for them (it's on a 2007 model) so I reluctantly agreed to the $700 PDI. I know, I know.... What's funny is that when I was talking to the salesperson he made it sound like I would need to come down this weekend (and it's a 500 mile drive each way for me, takes a little scheduling) or I might not get it. I wrote up in my offer a deposit that would ensure that I would get the trailer the following weekend and he reluctantly agreed.

So, after coming to that agreement, he calls me back to tell me that he hopes service can do the PDI in time for next weekend, it might be another week before they can do it. I tried calling Tricia in their servicing department who schedules the service and PDI work and it goes to her voice mail and it says that her mailbox is full and she can't take any more messages. Nice. So, I'm only committed for a $1k deposit which I will get back if they can't complete on time and I choose not to work with them. Pretty interesting outfit. Assuming I can get the coach sometime in the next couple of weeks it's a good deal but I don't think I'd want to conduct much other business with them.
Hey AronS
Did you check with the dealers in Northern California? Toscano RV in Los Banos is only a couple of hours away. I just checked their 2007 inventory and they still have plenty.
Just a thought....Dennis
Old 02-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Petaluma , California
Hi Dennis,

I did but regrettably they didn't have the model I was looking for and the price was hoping for. If this doesn't work out then I'll definitely be in touch with them. They have a good reputation from what I've heard and my communications with them have been really pleasant and they've been prompt.

Thanks,

Aron
Old 02-14-2008, 05:57 PM   #13

Santee , California
Revolution RV - UPDATE! Will be picking up my trailer tomorrow.

Well, about 10 minutes ago the service manager at Revolution RV and called me back (surprise!) and now my trailer will be ready tomorrow afternoon. There seems to have been a major communication breakdown over the last couple of weeks. I'm glad to know that, for sure, my trailer will actually be ready tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink619

Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
I often times wonder if there is a secret forum site where car dealers and RV centers vent about unreasonable customers? When I purchase any type vehicle, I start out with the premise that the dealership is entitled to a fair profit. I understand that "fair" is subjective. And I always factory order to get and pay for exactly what I want. Factory orders enhance the "earn and turn" status of the dealer and flooring finance charges are few, if any.

As an aside, I paid 10% to Revolution for the order and it was delivered with in a week of the promised date. Plenty of communication via phone and e-mail. I'd buy another AS from them tomorrow!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #15

San Diego , California
Exclamation Revolution RV, meet Karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AronS View Post

Thanks!

Aron
FYI- I hope you didn't\haven't bought that trailer, because Revolution RV has gone belly-up.

They left hundreds of customers high-and-dry for thousands of dollars.

Even knowingly gave their employees bad checks on their final pay cycle.

Denis4x4 having a positive experience there is definitely the minority.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
This last post serves to reach more members. It's not possible to cross reference past posts but we did hear about this a couple weeks back -- http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...sed-45018.html. Sorry about Airstreamers who got burned. We're always glad to hear accounts from AIR Forums members.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Closed Thread