Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

santa fe , New Mexico
all good advice. working on finding someone local go check it out. thanks!
teleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
I have 3 kids and sometimes wish that I bought a 34' instead of a 30'... there's not quite enough room for 5 people to hang out together -- something a 34' would fix.
We have three kids, too. But I still can't imagine hauling around a bigger trailer. (Sometimes our 26' is too big, like when we're polishing!) You can make the 22' work. It sure looks like a cute trailer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
I don't think you're necessarily in for a $30K renovation, but you can spend $15K-$20K quickly, even if you're doing all of the work yourself. So it really is just the price of admission.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Ha! I think this happens to a lot of people. My "Forever Trailer" is going to be a 22' Caravanner, once we're back down to just my wife and me. Before then, I may have to go SOTR as an interrim solution.
SOTR? Oh, don't do it, Marcus. Overlanders all the way!

Quote:
I've been off the boards for a bit....
Marcus! You're alive! Welcome back!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday'59 View Post

Marcus! You're alive! Welcome back!
Thanks Lynetta, it truly is fantastic to be back. Sometimes the Real World just has a way of interfering with my Aistream time, but I promise at most it will always be temporary. I love aluminum, it's in my soul!

And don't worry, I'm pretty sure at this point my Overlander will always be a part of the faimly. It's just that my 5-yo girl is pretty inistent that when she grows up and moves away, the Overlander is going to be hers. How can I say no to that???

As it turns out, there are some companies willing to pay me for contingency planning, and this is just an extension of that.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Prices out West must be way lower than in the East. At $3K that trailer would be a steal around here.
If you do pull the trigger and redo the entire interior keep in mind just about everything has a value and someone is probably looking for it. Don't just throw it all away.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags