Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Restored 64 Intl Ovldr. Looks 64, acts 2015. Value?

We're almost done with the 64 restoration. I had planned to keep it, so I did everything to make it to the point my grandchildren could use it. I was very lucky in that it spent most of it's life under cover, and the original owner painted things so there was a lot of protection.

I had one tiny weak spot at the entrance that I repaired with penetrating sealer and epoxy. Then the floor was covered with VCT tiles cut down to the original 9".

It still looks completely original with the original stove and fridge, though they've had some cleaning and refurbishing and the fridge now has a pietzo electric starter.

All of the curtains are custom made, and in vintage or retro fabrics. The goucho is all new upholstery with NOS upholstery that was pretty close to the original.

New heatpump with wall mounted thermostat and electric strip, low profile. New freshwater tank. New tandem gray tanks and new black tank, all hidden in belly pan with no drop. New water pump, new 10 gallon propane/electric hot water heater. New toilet, in the original location bench seat, with the original foot pedal. LED lights throughout. Led lights hidden in step, in bumper trunk. New high watt backup lights hidden below the bumper trunk. New 30 gallon aluminum propane tanks. New axles, rims, Maxis tires. New propane heater. New copper gas lines. New marker lights with LEDs. 2 new fantastic fans with rain sensors. 3, 12V gel cell batteries and a new vent free catalytic heater. New lead free faucet and water filter. All interior lights in the original covers, but LED light bulbs.

Refurbished hitch and load bars. Frame painted with POR 15. New storm windows on the inside for the jalousy windows so they're completely draftless. new seals on windows and jalousy. Completely rebuilt rockguard with 1/4" UV protected lexan. New LED lights that run the length of the belly pan - multi color - great for hooking up at night. New 30 amp intellipower converter. Bed slats were modified on the front goucho to allow the bed to come out another 8" and then built in drop down legs to support it.

When you walk in, it looks like hardly anything has been modified. The original zolatone, counters, tub and bench are completely intact. The hall curtains were made out of a plastic material that has been upgraded to a sunbrella fabric that looks like it would be original - used the original bifold hardware so you'd have a hard time not knowing it wasn't original.

We'll be taking pictures very soon. I wish I could provide them here now. You can find some of the work on my other thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f157...ing-73860.html

In the pantry closet, I ran full length LED strips in behind the frame. You flip a switch and the entire closet lights up - I'm putting in a heavy weight drawer so you can put a pull out microwave in there if you want.

It has the original matching table, and I have some 60's era leg-o-matic that I'm thinking of covering with the goucho fabric. I still have the pieces from the original furnace and hot water tank if someone wanted to make covers that bolted on. I even have restored the entire rotating TV antenna. So, when you go in, the only think that will not look vintage is the control for the hot water tank, the wall thermostat, and the 22" LED tv that is hidden on a swing out arm. Everything else looks like it did in 64, but completely works - including the GPS theft deterrent system.

Comes with wheel covers, new slinky hoses, and several new RV hoses and a myriad of spare parts.

So, help me out. What's an appropriate price? oh, and I have the original paperwork for the trailer and the rollout awning, as well as a 64 trailer plate if someone wants to register in Virginia, and I have the WBC #2614 - the original numbers were 2616. I'll of course transfer my membership.
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote