Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Question % off MSRP when ordering new Airstream?

When ordering a new Airstream (30' Classic w/o slide), what should be expect in the way of a discount? I know that 25% off MSRP is possible with many RVs, but wonder if that holds true for the Airstream? We'll be contacting several dealers around the western U.S. for quotes.

Linda
elh3946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Elh. I'd think 20% off would be good. 25% if you are really lucky. PM me if you want to discuss more. Sioux Falls SD - - Back in my home country. Doland, specifically. Aberdeen, and Mobridge thereafter. Relatives still in the eastern part of the state.

First AS for you? We love them.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by elh3946
When ordering a new Airstream (30' Classic w/o slide), what should be expect in the way of a discount? I know that 25% off MSRP is possible with many RVs, but wonder if that holds true for the Airstream? We'll be contacting several dealers around the western U.S. for quotes.

Linda
I got 23.5% off MSRP on my 30' Limited w/o slide in 2004. However, the Limited option at that time had an MSRP of $7,841, and I now suspect that it had a hugh mark-up. (You get only $1,000-$1,500 worth of actual extras in the Limited option package). So, maybe my discount without that option would be more like 20%.

With all the problems and poor dealer service we've encountered, which has cost me at least an additional $10,000 after buying the trailer, the next time I'll place much more emphasis on good dealer service, and less on the sales discount.

If you able to find a new Airstream with minimal initial quality defects, a dealer close to home that will give you good after the sale service, and a discount of 15-20% off MSRP, then you've found yourself a real deal.

John
Old 04-04-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
_

. , .
hi linda

welcome to airstream'n

i sent you a pm.

happy hunting.......love the classics

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
On average, 19% is what most folks see, with a non-trade depending on several factors (time of year, your negoit skills, etc). That's not to say that you can't do better (or worse), but 19% seems to be the average.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher
With all the problems and poor dealer service we've encountered, which has cost me at least an additional $10,000 after buying the trailer, the next time I'll place much more emphasis on good dealer service, and less on the sales discount.
John
I concur on this statement. I also shopped around prior to buying my first Airstream. I could have saved $400 by going outstate, but several members of our local WBCCI unit recommended that I buy from the local dealer. As it ended up, once I learned and experienced his quality of service and concern for his customers, I never regretted paying the higher price.

Do your homework and when you find a potential dealer, check around. With the number of folks on the forum, I'm certain that you will get some good feedback. Don't let price be the only determining factor. A good dealer is money in your pocket.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonclassic
Elh. I'd think 20% off would be good. 25% if you are really lucky. PM me if you want to discuss more. Sioux Falls SD - - Back in my home country. Doland, specifically. Aberdeen, and Mobridge thereafter. Relatives still in the eastern part of the state.

First AS for you? We love them.
Yes, this will be our first Airstream, although we are not new to RVing...we've been fulltime and/or half-timers since 1998.

I should explain, too, that SD is our domicile state through our mail forwarder in Sioux Falls...we don't actually *live* there. We do have to return this summer/fall to renew my driver's license (and next year to renew my husband's), but we'll probably get those somewhere in the western part of the state rather than drive all the way to Sioux Falls. Most of our traveling is done in the West, and we spend the winters in Arizona.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher
However, the Limited option at that time had an MSRP of $7,841, and I now suspect that it had a hugh mark-up. (You get only $1,000-$1,500 worth of actual extras in the Limited option package). So, maybe my discount without that option would be more like 20%.
I agree with your assessment of the Limited option (which we will not be ordering). Other than the Hickory wood, there's really nothing in the Limited option that is a *must have* for us...and the Hickory isn't worth the $$$$ Airstream is asking, IMO.

Thanks for your comments.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
I concur on this statement. I also shopped around prior to buying my first Airstream. I could have saved $400 by going outstate, but several members of our local WBCCI unit recommended that I buy from the local dealer. ... Don't let price be the only determining factor. A good dealer is money in your pocket.
Price certainly won't be the only determining factor. We'll be visiting quite a few Airstream dealers on our travels this summer, so will have a chance to check them out.

While we don't really have a "local" dealer, since we do spend the winters in Arizona, we'll probably be looking more closely at the Arizona and Southern California dealers. And, since we do a lot of traveling in Oregon and Washington, finding a dealer in those states isn't out of the question, either.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
We were extremely shocked when our saleswoman came back with over 30% off the MSRP on ours! We chocked it up to it being an '05, it only being 22', and it's just a "plain" model-no LS package or upgrades. I think it was also perfect timing.

Now for a dealer for service, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have any issues!!

2005 22' Safari-
...lost her in the divorce-
Would like another (Airstream), please!

FiveGreers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wow, I'd say you lucked out! We certainly don't expect that kind of deal, although we wouldn't turn it down!

We're not adverse to buying last year's model, or even a nice used unit. However, the one thing we have to have is twin beds, which is very difficult to find in a 30' Classic (so far, in all my perusing of Airstream dealer websites and places like RVTraderOnline, I have yet to see one with twin beds). That's why we figure we'd have to order a new one to get what we want.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #12

We have purchased two 30ft Classice w/o slides. The first one was 22% off suggest retail. But the dealer was not very good. Took it back to have some work on, they never got the work done, after a month. We lived two hunderd miles from the Dealer. Since we travel to Yuma, Az Oasis RV Center, in Tucson, Az took care of all our problems. We Later moved to Tucson, so our second trailer was purchased from Oasis Rv Center. This one was purchased at about 20 % off. But I know have a good Dealer to take care of my problems. Even when I am out of State just a phone call away.

Our unit is stored there. Makes airstreaming fun, they way I like to do things now.

Wish well in your purchase, must have a dealer to take care of your problems.
deblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
Rivet Master

We received only 15% off sticker on our 2006 QuickSilver Bambi 16ft, but I know another dealer who was proud to tell me they sold one of theirs for full sticker!
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote