Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2009 19' International
Aptos , California
Market price for 2009 19' CCD: $36,000

I'd casually been trying to sell our 2009 19' CCE Airstream for the last year or so. Why? We had so much fun with it, we began taking longer trips, and, when we saw the back-hatch of the Eddie Bauer, decided to buy bigger.

I placed ads here and on CraigsList to sell the smaller rig. I began placing ads going into winter. Very little action. Mid winter I placed ads again; substantial interest, but no serious offers (beware the lady from Texas who tells you exactly why you should sell for $10K less than asking, then abuses you when you reply with reasonable contrary arguments. She only gets worse. And she has analogs in other states.). I'd lay off for several weeks, then place an ad again. When I put ads online in early spring, interest increased. Then I began to get serious offers (folks who show up and actually offer you money with ideas about how to transfer the cash).

Finally, I placed an ad on Craigslist a week ago, and low and behold, I got several over-the-phone offers at full price ($36K)

In the end, nobody offered more than asking. Which was a relief, because that would have put me in a bad spot. The guy who sent me a deposit got the rig. He, and others who called asking me to save it for them, told me that there were few similar trailers out there. Those that were often had issues. Whatever.

The big news to me is that, after offering our Airstream at several price points, $36K is the spot where serious buyers got involved.
brad1 is offline   Reply With Quote