Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
It's Porsh-Ah

Boston , Massachusetts
Inflated values of 16' Bambi?

I'm looking to pick up a 16' Bambi. I was hoping someone would know more about current values than I do and could help me with the value of a 2006 16' international CCD signature. I looked it over, the seller says 2k miles. I'm a Porsche master tech so to be fair I may be more observant than the next buyer, also it would be a major purchase for me so I'm probably extra cautious. I would say from tire wear shows closer to 10-15k miles, needs new tires ( to be expected, but a dead giveaway to actual trailer milage) interior is clean, as stated in other posts the laminate edging is pealing. My main concerns are, the front windows look to be replaced, or at least re-caulked by a blind man, something about both left and right windows looks off beyond the caulking. it had a satellite dish on it at some time according to the seller, and still has some plywood thing on top. The left front overhead compartment has loose wiring and insulation falling out, which always could be mouse related, at least in my line of work, but could also be from the satellite dish. And again questionable for the claimed milage. It has been bottomed out at some point, a tab on the right axle or frame is bent, the belly pan is dented and the gas line is ripped out of its holders. This looks to all be cosmetic and easily fixed damage underneath, the windows do worry me. I'm hoping someone with experience could give me an estimated value. I feel the asking price is too high, but also not one to nickel and dime a seller, just not familiar enough to know a reasonable value.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
If a seller is misrepresenting the mileage, no telling what it may have been through. My 2009 27fb looked new after over 20,000 miles, the tires looked as though they had another 40,000, I.e., almost no wear. With evidence if rough use the one you are looking at May need several thousand in repair, like when a satellite dish was installed. For me, this trailer would be a good deal at about half the wholesale book value.

Ms Tommie Lauer
Greensboro, NC
2015 Serenity 30 RB / 2008 Dodge Cummins 4 X 4
WBCCI #4165 AIR #31871
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
I would not worry about mileage. No difference between 2k and 15k to me. It will need new tires as the original ones are more than 5 years old. Sounds like it has had some abuse. Your window comments concern me. Maybe you could have a Airstream owner take a look at it with you.

Either way, I would look at a bunch of them before you decide to buy one. Get a feel for what they are worth and what the differences are. The biggest mistake is not paying too much, but buying the wrong trailer.

Good Luck, Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
That sounds pretty beat up. Look around some until that one fades from memory.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
It sounds like it has, unfortunately, had a rough life and has not been well-maintained or kept in good repair. Our 2006 19' looks pretty darn good and it has over 40,000 miles on it. The window issues are a concern, too. If you are seeing all of this with a visual inspection, who knows what you can't see. If it were me, I'd keep looking.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
It's Porsh-Ah

Boston , Massachusetts
Thanks I am going to, im all for finding a good fixer upper, for the right price of course, so I'll talk to the guy, he's a reseller so I'll see if he's willing to talk about what he has the trailer for. He's already dropped the price, so I'll see what he says