Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-13-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Help Pricing 2004 Airstream

We had the opportunity to buy a business franchise which we have wanted to do for some time. The down side of this venture is that we will be unable to take vacations for the next three to four years while we develop the business. We purchased a 2004 25' Safari last year with the twin beds in the rear. We have decided to sell it instead of just letting it sit for several years. Does anyone have any idea what we should list it for. It is the standard model not the LS.
Your help and assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Bob Caldwell
rcaldwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Bob, glad to hear your plans, but sorry to hear the Airstream has to go.

I'll PM you my comments.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hmm, where are you located? 25 ft Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaldwel
We purchased a 2004 25' Safari last year with the twin beds in the rear. We have decided to sell it instead of just letting it sit for several years. Does anyone have any idea what we should list it for. It is the standard model not the LS.
I've been cogitating (all right, dithering) between a 19 ft Bambi and a 25 ft Safari. I'm in Virginia Beach, VA - where are you located? Can we talk? I own a business too and in the early years they can run you instead of the other way around.

However, as a devil's advocate let me suggest that you CAN build your business from the ground up with the model where you expect and DO take some time off virtually from day 1. If your appendix ruptures you'll be forced to take time off, so if you build your business so that you CAN leave it, you won't put the whole kit and kaboodle at risk if you HAVE to take time off.

You certainly won't be able to take a 2 to 4 week trek, but you could park your vehicle at a lake or resort area 50 to 200 miles from your home and take the odd 3 day weekend here and there. Driving back and forth in a compact car will save you gas too.... and if part of your plan includes hiring staff, you might get ONE very loyal employee you could trust to run the store - and give her/him a "free" week's vacation at the lake in your A/S for covering for you.

We run an Answering Service and know several hundred business owners - most of whom have learned that time off is what recharges your batteries and makes your business more successful.

Good Luck, Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:14 AM   #4
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Paula, having owned a 19' Bambi (2003) and now a 25' Safari (2004), I will tell you that the 19' was very cozy and cute, but the 25' is VERY comfortable and has far more storage. Two things that you very much will apprec when being stuck inside on a rain day.

I am sure that Bob's unit is mint as I seem to recall his being bought right around when we got ours (meaning that it is not even a year old and has warranty left on it). Definatley worth looking into as a new coachs (2005) went up about 5% from the 2004 prices.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote